Terraria - Dig, fight, explore, build

Caporegime
Nah I think you need the truffle worm for Duke Fishron which you get from a mushroom biome. Annoyingly I accidentally killed the first and only truffle worm I've seen. Possibly another example where an inventory editor will eventually come into play :(

Either that or just make an artificial underground mush biome. It will spawn regularly enough to give you plenty of attempts.

Fishron is insanely tough tho. In his 3rd phase he's invisible and teleports on top of the player for cheap hits. You can only tell where he is from the mini-map!

That's assuming you attempt him before starting the lunar events. Doing him afterwards would be pointless :p

Also re hardcore. I don't recommend it, unless you're used to playing games where you lose all your progress and have to start again. There are a lot of random deaths in Terraria. While these are avoidable, they aren't often fair. And pretty much your only choice for avoiding these deaths is just to teleport away from every encouter where the odds aren't very much in your favour. You wouldn't take on any 50/50 fight. You wouldn't even take on a 60/40 fight. You'd only fight 90% success chance fights, you'd grind away on easy stuff and slowly, slowly, slowly work up.

This is what I mean about HC. It makes the game 100x slower. Rather than fighting in natural terrain, you want to build arenas and farming areas - even for normal mobs! The second a corrupt/hallowed mimic shows up, you teleport out. You never take a chance vs something that can kill you.

And you /will/ be killed by bad luck, no matter how good you are. Example: Wall of Flesh can, in its last 5 seconds of life, destroy any character if you get unlucky. Because in its last 5 seconds of life if it can trap you in terrain it can do something like 1000 dps. If a mob spawns in your way and bumps you into the WoF, it's all over. That's something you just can't control.

Last edited:
Associate
Man, Around 20 hours into a character and just activated Hard Mode oops lol. Man stuff is suddenly difficult :o

But least i can make fancy new Armour/Weps :D

Associate
Still playing, just taken a brand new character and new world all the way through to end game after 1.3.1 came out. It's still awesome, lots of replayability and the wiring features are nice

Associate
If you want some amusement, play the current version for half an hour then watch the video in the first page on this thread, its amazing the amount of development this game has and is still having

Soldato
Possibly one of my favourite games of all time! Admittedly, I play the Xbox One version (and prior to that the PS3 version) a huge amount more than the PC version, I still play it on the PC every now and again. Looking forward to the update coming to the console versions to bring it closer to the PC experience though.

Also, both my 8 year old son and 5 year old daughter love this game, so I doubt i'll be seeing the back of it any time soon

Associate
Otherworld is still being developed, it has been delayed but that's usual in games. They don't want to release like EA or any other AAA title where its unplayable for the first week.

Caporegime
Heads up, 1.4 is releasing on May 16th, 2020. Last ever update, y'all.

New content and a promise from the devs that "We'll change the way you play Terraria in 1.4". What could that mean?

Man, I miss the days where we all played this together. Building, blowing stuff up, Neil sabotaging the entire map. Fun times.
And I can't believe that was back in 2011!!

Associate
I wonder how long it'll take for mod support to be updated after 1.4 drops? Also does anyone know if they are planning a 64bit version for windows? tModLoader with around 20 big-ish mod becomes a lag feast towards the end of a play through

Soldato
Yes. I've never really stopped playing it. On and off over the years. (single player normally).

Would be ace to see an OcUK server for this one last hurrah.

Yeah i've mostly single-player'd it, had a couple of friends who got it around the same time so did some MP for a short while, but they'd kind of given up before even getting to hard mode.

I'd be up for playing with an OCUK bunch. I guess if anyone else is interested, then mention in the thread, and we'll sort something out.

Caporegime
Today's-a-the-day-a! Not for Dolmeo - for Terraria's final ever content update.

"Journey's End" (v1.4) goes live at 6pm BST.

Can't believe it's been 9 years (to the day!)

Soldato
Definitely up for some 1.4 action if anybody is hosting a server? I last played this in 2015 on my gaming PC which has since been sold and replaced by laptop. Just installed it again and seems to run okay.

Soldato
I'm up for joining anyone as well. My old machine may just about host a server and run the game, but i don't leave it on all the time so would only mean it being available when i'm around. Would be ideal if anyone has a machine they leave running all the time.

Soldato
I'm up for joining anyone as well. My old machine may just about host a server and run the game, but i don't leave it on all the time so would only mean it being available when i'm around. Would be ideal if anyone has a machine they leave running all the time.

Up for a bash on this, this weekend?

Back
Top Bottom