A keyboard that isn't rubbish...

Soldato
I have had now in total 7 keyboards from Ducky and Corsair (mostly corsair).

They have all broken. Every single one with double clicking issues and non registering keys.

Can someone spec me a TKL Keyboard that isn't ducky or corsair, I can then send this one back to Taiwan for repair (they want it for 3 weeks possibly)

I suspected it might be my PC ruining them all but I have a fairly decent motherboard that hasn't had any issues prior. Reinstalled the OS countless times, different USB Ports used and drivers. Still no luck.
At the moment my shift key doesn't work, which playing Overwatch proves difficult.

Is the CM Storm stuff any good?
MasterKeys Pro?

Soldato
Try typing with fingertips instead of fists? :p

Most of them are about the same, in my rather limited experience. I wouldn't say they're especially delicate, but neither are they unbreakable. Razer are the exception, as all their stuff feels like cheap, thin plasticky junk to me. Corsair would have been my initial go-to for this. CM felt roughly on par, though slightly cheaper.

Do you have the same problems with cheap dome keyed boards?

Associate
Kinda strange that all the keyboards have gone the same way though, really. I've only ever had one issue with one of my mechs which was a T key on the old ducky shine 3, which was repaired by them here in the UK from what i recall.

I'm currently using a WASD code with clears, i'm enjoying it, but i don't know if it would be any more robust than those you have listed.

CM storm have a good rep as an entry board into the mech game, and as they are gaming oriented it may last longer with whatever is causing this reccurent issue. However, i'd start looking closer to home at reasons why this is happening if indeed it is exactly the same issue every time!

Soldato
I've had a similar situation I've went through 4 keyboards. They've all been different issues so I cant believe its my usage that has broken them. Like certain keys have stopped working, another keyboard it was all of the keys stopped responding. I dont know what it is, I dont believe the lies saying mechanical keyboards are supposed to be more reliable.

I'm using a Logitech currently.

Associate
I'm using a logitech G910 and it's pretty nice. Logitech's support is pretty good too should you need to replace it. I've had it for a few years and had to RMA one but they sent me a new one out while letting me keep the old one.

Soldato
I'm really quite well behaved when a keyboard costs £100 lol. I don't have any issues whatsoever when I use my crappy dell keyboard. I must be destined to use domed rubbish :(
Mechanical keyboards have delicate little plastic mechanisms inside every key.
That just makes them liable to breakages, IMO... Dunno how delicate, as no-one will lend me theirs to test, but that's probably a reflection on my thumping typing style, too!! :D

Associate
If the cherry switches are letting you down have you considered a keyboard based on Topre switches ?
It basicall sits halfway between a dome and a fully mechanical switch

Soldato
I'm using this exact keyboard and I would recommend it too. Only problem I've had is my bios not recognising it :mad:

I 'think' I have that issue too, haven't been in the bios for ages. But I also have a crappy back up keyboard. Something to keep in mind, I guess. NKRO keyboards have flaky BIOS support, some have a special switch for that.

Soldato
OP
I'm curious as to which Corsair KB you're having issues with? You mentioned TKL, so is it the K65? How many time did you have to replace it? if you don't mind me asking.

Hello Greybeard,

You helped me replace some of them I believe, I had the K65 with Red Switches, then a K70 with Reds, Then another K70 with Browns, then Reds again. Then I gave up and bought a Ducky TKL which is having similar response issues.

My first K65 would double type certain keys. Like I would tap the three key and it would type the letter 6 times.
My first K70 some of the keys stopped working, also with double pressing key issue as the K65
K70 with Brown, most of the keys on that stopped working.
The last red was the same issue as the first K70 but different keys would double press this time.
Both the Ducky's I have had have the same sort of issue. My shift key doesn't work half the time, nor does my "S" key. Makes gaming very difficult.

I have plugged these keyboards into my laptop with the same results, I've changed motherboard drivers countless times, updated the BIOS a bunch of times, reinstalled Windows 3 times. I've tried everything, I don't smash the keyboards up or anything. I just type, quite gently I might add, on occasion someone might rub me up the wrong way and I get a little aggressive but the keyboards should take a bit of that...

Associate
Oh man, that sounds a huge nightmare dealing with those issues. I'm really sorry to hear that, I'd be annoyed as well if I were in your shoes. Let me get you a solution so we can redeem ourselves :)

Do you still have your ticket # for those RMAs? I'd like to look at it so I can discuss your case with our customer service to come up with a solution to resolve this issue once and for all.

Soldato
OP
I get this error message when I log into your corsair force login.

"Your sales force login or user license isn't supported yet"

Here's the ticket number I can find.

I hope you understand I have less than zero faith in your products. I even filled in numerous surveys at various LANs describing my issues and no one ever got back to me about them.

Associate
Thanks man.. But yeah, I totally understand where you're coming from. You have a legit reason why you feel that way.

I'll look into your ticket and l'll see what I can do to get this right.

Soldato
OP
Saw this on a Hexus review, same sort of issue as me. Although not the same as the keys not working.

"I've started doing some proper testing on Cherry switches, and my initial observations are shocking. Just in 1 day of use I captured over 50 unwanted keystrokes (Corsair K65 RGB) and this is not a Corsair firmware issue - it happened on 4 boards by different manufacturers both browns and reds.

The test I am doing is when a key outputs an extra unwanted keystroke (or more) within 50ms of the first. You can clean out the switch to fix the problem but it always comes back eventually on the same or other keys. These are supposed to be industrial level switches but they can't handle a slight amount of dust?

I'm convinced these are the worst switches in the industry. How do other people not experience this issue?"

Appreciate the customer service Greybeard.

Soldato
Still happy with my CoolerMaster Storm QuickFire TK (MX Brown).

I'm using my one at work now (Cherry blacks). Best value keyboard I've had, and the DAS/WASD users in the office like it too..

I'm using this exact keyboard and I would recommend it too. Only problem I've had is my bios not recognising it :mad:

I had that issue on my RIVE, ended up using the ps2 adapter and it was fine.

Back
Top Bottom