Pre-booking Baseball tickets

Associate
Hi all - quick question if anyone can help

A friend at work is going to the USA in a few months time and she is looking to go to a baseball game.

She wants to pre-book as the game is on the 2nd day of their trip and she doesnt want to be messing around trying to get tickets on the day.

She is not bother about getting perfect seats - her comment was "I want to just get the bleachers seats" :)

She has tried booking via ticketmaster but gets an error when booking.

Do any of you have any tips or experience pre-booking from the UK? Or would you recommend her just going on the day?!

Any help would be marvelous :)

Soldato
Who is she going to see, I am going to NY in May and am going to a Metz game. I just went to the Metz website and bought the tickets directly from there. I went for nosebleed seats at $22 a pop. Tickets were then just printable on a normal printer.

Associate
She wants to see the Seattle Mariners. She has gone direct to their site and when she goes to buy tickets she gets re-directed to ticketmaster.com and she gets an error :(

Life-long Mariners fan here and former Seattle resident for 18 years. There is a 99.9% chance that your friend will be able to walk up to the ticket window at Safeco Field and buy tickets on the day. If it were Boston or NYY, there would be no chance.

Tell her to enjoy, as Safeco is one of the best parks ever built and in one of the most beautiful cities in the world.

Go M's!!! :D

Associate
I have been to a few San Diego Padre games over the years and just turned up at the Stadium and bought a ticket, they had seats in most sections available every time.

Deleted member 11679

D

Deleted member 11679

I've been to a Mariners game, they were playing the Blue Jays. Incredible atmosphere. We pre-booked and printed the tickets at home.

Soldato
I personally find all American sports crap & I've lived there for the last 13. Never managed to get thru a game of American Football. What 3 hrs of commercials and 1 hr of play, IF THAT ! Erm no thanks. Baseball never spent more than 5mins watching it. Nascar lol, what a joke. Basketball. Again too stoppy and starty... Ice hockey isn't bad i guess, but that's more Canadian. Have seen a few games. I can't speak of this to anyone, as they'd take an instant disliking to me... So glad i can vent out here on a British forum.

Thanks for listening. :)

Man of Honour
Went to a Giants vs Reds game when we were in San Fran, think we booked through the MLB website.

Was a pretty painless experience, and it was a great night too. Extra innings and for our first baseball game we ended up sitting next to an Aussie who was also at their first game. So yeah.. clueless. :D Ended up hanging out with some locals who talked us through the rules and we talked them through cricket. The surprise when we said that it can last 5 days and still have a draw at the end of it. ;)

The important thing about going to a baseball game, it's not entirely a sport... it's mainly a family event. Meeting up with friends and family and just hanging out.

Soldato
I've never been able to get tickets on the day at SF Giants (for face value) but lucky to have family with season tickets. Odd you can't book online, I've definitely done that before.

What's the error?

Don
I did it direct with the club website (phillies) no issues at all

due to large amount of games played they don't usually sell out

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I bought tickets to see the NY Nicks at Maddison Square Garden through a website called "stub hub". I believe it's affiliated with Ticketmaster but the prices were comparable and direct booking was impossible.

Seats were bang on the centre line on the 1st tier. Absolutely epic considering :cool:

I believe they offer baseball tickets, so worth a check.

Associate
I've never been able to get tickets on the day at SF Giants (for face value) but lucky to have family with season tickets. Odd you can't book online, I've definitely done that before.

What's the error?

Giants games have all been sold out for about the past 6 or 7 years. I believe they have a streak of around 500 consective sold out games. One of the few baseball stadiums that doesn't tend to have a large number of available seats to choose from on the day.

Back
Top Bottom