Anotehr project idea. Enough capacity to cope

Associate
Hi All..

I have a second PC i use for LAN parties and no projects on at the mo so thought would have a go at modding it.

PC is as follows

Corsair air 240
I5 3570K
Gefore 980TI

Was thinking of water cooling this lot but am not sure if due to the size of the case it can handle the capacity.

Was thinking 240mm radiator in either front of top... and running both GPU and CPU in the same loop with a small res/pump combo.

Will the 240 Rad (probably have to be a slim one) handle both CPU and GPU?

Associate
just thinking I maybe able to fit a 240mm and a 120mm rad in this case then loop the 240mm after the GPU and the 120mm after the cpu

Loop order doesn't matter.
Do what every is less kinked/ easier/ looks nicer.

Due to thermal dynamics water temps will pretty much even out over the course of a loop, its really not worth the effort :)

Soldato
https://www.ekwb.com/custom-loop-configurator/

Don't worry if you case isn't there. Use Aerofoil DS Cube as you can select 240 along with 120 is you want. Includes slim SE version and their standard PE version 26mm Vs 36mm

Did a quick mock up and seems you'll be 50watts of ideal cooling, so would need some good fans at a high rpm rate ! If you can squeeze in a 120 at the back the better.
If your happy with sound then stick with a 240 slim only but kind of board lines on air cooling ...

Soldato
If you can fit more I would make the effort if I were you but depends how hard you want this to work...

Also I would suggest NOT getting the EK slims as they are pretty pants, HWLabs would be superior.

Soldato
A single 240 would do it, but temps will be poor and fans would likely be running at full bore to even have it competing with air, therefore you can throw silence out the window. Only you can answer as to whether that net result is worth the extra cost to you or not. An extra 120 would definitely take some of the strain off, but how much is hard to say.

Associate
OP
thaks new boy.

so one last question.. how to fit this all in order..

does it really matter with dual rads?

From a practical point of view ideally i would like Pump/res>CPU>GPU>RAD1>RAD2 just so it all connects neatly.

From performance perspective i am thinking pump/res>GPU>Rad1>CPU>RAD2>

or does it make little difference?

Back
Top Bottom