MSI Stealth Pro Gaming Laptop Review

Associate
Fantastically built laptop, runs very smooth and fast. Keyboard is generally OK, but has fewer useful buttons and functions than my previous HP Envy (e.g. no play/pause, next/previous song buttons, and many buttons have to used with the Fn button, e.g. volume, brightness, Home, End etc, which is a little annoying, but not too troubling). Love that the keyboard lights up with different patterns and colours, but that there's also the option to turn down/off the keyboard lighting for professional work settings.

The only issue is my audio jack stopped working after a few days, following a hard drive scan and repair, though I'm not entirely sure if that's related....bit disappointing for a brand new product, but hopefully I can get this resolved fairly easily and soon.

Large hard-drive and RAM, lovely big 17.3" screen, but not very heavy compared to my HP Envy which had the same size screen. This is built much better, not so bulky, and thinner too.

Haven't used it for gaming yet, as I don't want to overload this laptop with all the memory etc. As I have all my games downloaded and installed on my old HP Envy, which is already more than adequate for high intensity gaming, I might just use that for gaming from now on to free up the space on my current MSI.

For now, the MSI is still very new, only had it less than 2 weeks, but so far so good. Would definitely recommend it to a friend. I know they say it doesn't matter which country laptops come from these days, but I was still pleasantly surprised with this Taiwanese/Chinese brand.

Back
Top Bottom