What's the worst game you've ever played ?

Associate
I must have played some worse games but the one that always comes to mind is Two Worlds on Xbox 360.

Bought it as I loved The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion and it looked like more of the same. Think I lasted about 15 minutes. Terrible, terrible cut scene dialogue with some 'olde worlde' chucked in for good measure just made me want to turn it off straight away, the gameplay didn't save it and it went straight back for trade in.

Soldato
DOTA, even though I'm at 1300 hours or something stupid
I could agree with that.

The game itself is decent but the community is toxic and sucks any fun right out of it. When I tried it you'd seldom get a game without some A hole shouting abuse at a team member.

Associate
I could agree with that.

The game itself is decent but the community is toxic and sucks any fun right out of it. When I tried it you'd seldom get a game without some A hole shouting abuse at a team member.

I know, I always hope that with every patch there'll be an option for selecting a country specific region or being able to find a game with 4 other non toxic players.

Soldato
So many bad games, especially the cheap clones/knockoffs of popular arcade games however as some of the above I'd rank Rise of the Robots at the top of the list. Promised so much, delivered so little, a highly polished turd.

Associate
Loads across many platforms, but I'll chuck in Streetfighter 2 on the Amiga.

The Amiga had the power to make it good but apparently (amongst other more technical things) the programmers received no help from US Gold in obtaining essential info from CAPCOM such as the source code and stuff like the collision charts. They apparently had to visit the local arcade in order to play SF2 and analyse the gameplay mechanics and even used samples from the SNES version of SF2.

Plus, this is an ST port-over monstrosity with more colours slapped on. Ultimately, US Gold never, ever cared that much about the quality of their arcade conversions because they knew the product would sell regardless on the strength of the arcade licence association.

Back
Top Bottom