Kuala Lumpur - anyone been/opinions?

TS7

TS7

Soldato
So have been discussing a holiday with a few friends in July. In terms of destination as we're all so open and happy to travel wherever it's proving tricky due to number of possibilities available.

A friend has suggested KL and some of the deals seem pretty awesome (we usually arrange everything ourselves separately) but my friend has found a package which includes flights, transfer and 5* hotel for 7 nights - 600.

Any opinions/tips?

Last edited:
Associate
So have been discussing a holiday with a few friends in July. In terms of destination as we're all so open and happy to travel wherever it's proving tricky due to number of possibilities available.

A friend has suggested KL and some of the deals seem pretty awesome (we usually arrange everything ourselves separately) but my friend has found a package which includes flights, transfer and 5* hotel for 7 nights - 600.

Any opinions/tips?

Its a really nice place, but I wouldn't be spending 7 days there, 2 or 3 is about enough unless you're just using it as a base.

Soldato
I agree with the above poster. It's a stunning place and definitely worth a couple days or so. However there are nice places to travel to that are quite close for day trips such as jungle walks/nature areas, Batu caves etc.

Associate
I was there for a few days a few weeks ago, although on a tighter budget.

What sort of tips are you after?

I'd say it was interesting and enjoyable but one of those places you'd probably just go once. Highlights would be food at the markets, the bird park and the Petronas towers from an engineering aspect just looking up at them was quite a sight.

As I only had a few days, the furthest I ventured was Batu caves but I would have liked to get out into the wild upnorth a bit and done some hiking.

Finally, don't bother using public transport apart from if you want the experience, uber is so cheap and convenient that it's not worth bothering with.

TS7

TS7

Soldato
OP
Thanks for info so far guys

What sort of tips are you after?

We like architecture, good food and 'exploring'. KL seems a reasonable mix of the three. Just wanted to confirm whether it was a good idea overall.

Will look in to a bit more as re the above comment that 7 days is too long. Don't want to be scratching our heads as to do what to do come day 5 of the trip :p

May look for another deal as the 5* hotel is largely unnecessary for us, we usually only use our hotels to sleep and spend the majority of the time out.

Associate
Definitely worth visiting. Did a three week Malaysia trip a few years back - also went to Penang, Langkawi, Malacca and rounded off with a couple of nights in Singapore.

7 days in KL is at least 2 too many. If you are able to, a couple of days in Penang/Langkawi would round out the trip nicely IMO.

Associate
KL hasnt got much to do and see for 7 days, and using it as a base seems optimistic, as the airport is at least an hour away in good traffic conditions and that is very rare

Man of Honour
Its a really nice place, but I wouldn't be spending 7 days there, 2 or 3 is about enough unless you're just using it as a base.

Agreed. There's so much more to Malaysia than just KL (wife is 1/2 Malaysian Chinese). You can even pop over to Singapore which is worth a visit.

KL is cool though, lots of amazing food courts (I LOVE the food over there - I love Asian cooking in general).

Back
Top Bottom