AORUS X7

Associate
AFAIK O/C won't get any more in...the V7 models are incoming. As to when that will be /shrug ....there's a few of us impatiently waiting for the release date...hoping for a Ti variant personally.

Atom80 is the Aorus rep on these boards so may correct me.

But look Atom80....another potential customer, spill the beans on that release date :p

Associate
OP
Ah ok thanks for the reply. Disappointing no dates and presume no specs yet?

Selling my MSI next week so don't want to wait too long.

Associate
From Techradar, 9th January:

Aorus X5 v7

The last entry on our list of standout gaming laptops from CES 2017 is one from Aorus’ new collection. Like its counterparts, the Aorus X5 v7 is outfitted with a 7th-generation Core i7-7820HK CPU, theoretically capable of a 3.9GHz clock boost, which is pretty damn impressive if we do say so ourselves.

What’s more, Aorus went as far as to include a fun-size GTX 1070 and the option of either a 4K UHD (3,840 x 2,160) display or a still-acceptable WQHD+ (2,880 x 1,620) panel. Either route uses G-Sync, so screen-tearing won’t be a concern. In spite of all this, the Aorus X5 V7 still maintains a sleek chassis measuring in at only 25mm deep. Per-key customizable lighting and Sabre high-fidelity audio are mere bonuses.

The only thing that would make this PC sound even more enticing is the option of a 120Hz refresh rate and – oh wait – it has that. We don’t know the pricing yet, but we can only hope it’s as tantalizing as the rest of the machine.

This is about the 15.6" X5 machine but I have also posted a similar spec for the X7 before in these forums.

Not entirely sure of why there's been no more news on either machine since the CES show in January, nor I suspect will we ever know. However, this is what a few of us have been waiting for. There still appears to be too few 1080 laptops on the market and those that are available as of now appear to have problems in one area or another whether it be build quality, screen striping issues, thermal throttling or throttling due to insufficient PSU supply. Ever the optimist, I'm holding out for the v7 Kaby Lake X5 or X7 release to see if Gigabyte/Aorus is serious about taking more of the high end market share by addressing such issues with an outstanding machine.

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Even an inaccurate one would be useful Atom80...;)

Roll on 2018 Jimbo my friend :rolleyes:

Stock landed yesterday :)

Is that inaccurate enough?

But on a serious note, we are pushing HQ to see if we can get accurate info on skus and pricing so that we can set up for pre-order...

Please bare with us.

Thanks for your impatience, its flattering :)

Regards,

Team AORUS

Associate
Now that IS some news...

Whilst most of our prodding/impatience was tongue in cheek, announcing/revealing a product line at a major entertainment show then no further news whatsoever for 2 1/2 months does nothing to help the consumer make an informed purchase plan. Most of your competitors released their refreshed Kaby Lake high end models very quickly, which I suppose further compounded our surprise at the 3 month wait for the V7 X5 and X7. I only hope that the Aorus line is/was worth the wait.

Flattery intended, you have a number of Aorus/Gigabyte supporters here and we have some expectations which we believe you will deliver with this line.

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Now that IS some news...

Whilst most of our prodding/impatience was tongue in cheek, announcing/revealing a product line at a major entertainment show then no further news whatsoever for 2 1/2 months does nothing to help the consumer make an informed purchase plan. Most of your competitors released their refreshed Kaby Lake high end models very quickly, which I suppose further compounded our surprise at the 3 month wait for the V7 X5 and X7. I only hope that the Aorus line is/was worth the wait.

Flattery intended, you have a number of Aorus/Gigabyte supporters here and we have some expectations which we believe you will deliver with this line.

Hi JimboJet,

Rest assured you will be rewarded for your patience and "loyalty", we are equally frustrated at the situation, but can do nothing to change it. The news we received today (after chasing R&D and product management) is much the same as we already new, ie circumstances caused by supplier of certain parts that have been re-engineered for this generation. Mechanical parts rather than tech hardware.

Really sorry we cant deliver better news at this moment, but really do appreciate your "support".

Regards,

Atom80

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
PS Have the display striping issues been overcome with the v7?

Hi JimboJet,

Sorry didn't realise this post was you as well!

YES our understanding is that the issues reported on the panels have been resolved and quality is now where it needs to be.

Thankfully our models don't seem to have been affected in UK, and as mentioned before this was something that could have affected any manufacturers units with the 17" 120Hz panel, so we just got luck I guess.

Regards,

Atom80

Associate
Man soo close but yet still feels so far away.

So where did stock land...is this the UK or elsewhere?

Looks like I'm London bound for the remainder of the year so need this so bad :p

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Man soo close but yet still feels so far away.

So where did stock land...is this the UK or elsewhere?

Looks like I'm London bound for the remainder of the year so need this so bad :p

Sorry waldaize - it was an attempt at humour on our behalf,,,,,, obviously failed.

Stock isn't here.

Regards,

Team AORUS

Associate
No worries and yes it does sound weeks away. Let me know what you decide as an alternative.

Not knowing the configurations also blows....other than the CES marketing spiel...like is there a Ti version when they do arrive.

Back
Top Bottom