New WC build for 1080ti/i7 5870k

Soldato
So i managed to bag an MSI 1080ti FE recently, and it's pretty quiet, but I want it quieter as I was impatient and didn't want to wait for a custom solution, so I've decided to go down a custom WC loop and replace my current CPU AIO solution.

My last (and first) WC build I did was about 7 years ago with my i7 920 and Crossfire'd 5870's. I'll now be looking at cooling an i7 5870k that I'll start to look at OC'ing, as well as the 1080ti, and I've selected the following components, just wondering if anyone suggests anything different or anything I may have missed.

I know I've not put any 45/90 degrees in there, if I decide I need them during the build, I'll order at that point. It'll be going into a Lian-Li PC-08 case for reference.

Total: £573.54

I'm also a bit split on what to go for when it comes to controlling the fans seen as the case wouldn't allow easy access to a control panel, so was thinking about using a PWM splitter and controlling it via software within the OS. Just wondering how good this will be?

Thanks all!

Soldato
OP
Really? I read reviews on the fans and they appeared to come off okay, maybe just not read the right reviews.

As for the rads, any reason? To be fair, I'd not read any reviews and went on brand name as I would have expected good quality. Ideally I want to stick to a slim rad, at least for the 240, anything else recommended?

Soldato
OP
Yeah that was the review I was just reading myself. Kind of thrown me a bit really. I'll have a greater look at the radiator options tomorrow. Having said that, my last radiators were XSPC ones that were 61mm thick, so the standard ~31mm thickness should be fine. I will measure up when I have time. How about the XSPC EX360/EX240's?

Associate
I would personally go with Hardware Labs GTS (not sure why ocuk doesn't sell them :/ ) as they are way ahead of other slim rads. They don't look as good as EK imo, but still performance would be my way to go (especially with slim rads). Magicool has quite good opinions as well and is cheap at the same time

Back
Top Bottom