Thermaltake p5 build

Associate
Hi all.

Just finished building my first custom rig.

I built my first pc in college in 2001 and kept the xaser iii case changing just parts since then. I moved to a ps3 for gaming for a while then back to pc gaming on a 3xs 7970 laptop as I travel a lot for work and needed mobility. It's now changed for an Asus gl502vs.

Due to VR and sim racing I decided to get a new pc in October last year which I just sold tp a friend after having decided on a new case and cpu which morphed into a whole new water cooled build. I did start off with a Titan xp but when the ti came out I sent it in for a refund due to it basically being marginally slower for near double the money.

I am now in the process of looking at a couple of uv strips for the glass and tidying up the odd cable. It could also maybe do with a couple more thermaltake pacific rgb tubing fittings as the uv pastel white coolant does not transmit light well as i suspected but i like the look and also want some uv to bring out the white braided cables and fluid in the tubes / reservoir.

I'm sitting currently on a 5ghz cpu oc and the 1080ti is over 2ghz / 12ghz gpu / mem. The whole lot now needs a proper stress testing but I'm not sure what software to use as I've never properly oc'd before.

I did respray the case and the radiator with Ford frozen white and I clear coated with uv stable clear and added pearl pigments but due to Scottish weather it fogged a bit and i ended up sanding it back so I will re paint the sides and re clear coat them in the summer.

Any suggestions on a couple of nice uv strips for the top and bottom and what I can do to brighten up the psu a little? I did want a thermaltake rgb psu but good reviews dictated a seasonic one. I also braided all the cables.

Cheers for looking.

16587239_1209319949121279_4019227766675253925_o.jpg

16796980_1209319989121275_431384302961483786_o.jpg

16797276_1211737428879531_8029693395819316010_o.jpg

16700555_1209322175787723_1622152256595169328_o.jpg

17098024_1228510460535561_254210414180306014_o.jpg

17192314_1237609789625628_2194740131961002132_o.jpg

17218696_1237609832958957_8397689631790868980_o.jpg

17389200_1242505805802693_8823899818963887508_o.jpg

17436208_1242505822469358_1464829348043227206_o.jpg

Associate
OP
True!! Is that Thermal take Riing fans, They look Mint!!

Yeah I had to get 2 sets though. Pretty annoying. I have 2 spare so I may do something with them later.

Struggling to get a stable oc at 5.1ghz. 5ghz seems good at lower temps but I was up at 1.39v with temps over 75 degrees and it wasnt stable. Thats an 8pack 5ghz Delid which I was hoping to get to 5.1 on water but it is my first oc project and maybe I'm doing something wrong or missing some setting I need to change.

Soldato
Well it's definately looking impressive mate, I'm sure some of the guys on here could help you with the OC may be something you need to try differently, is there anything I should look out for with this case when building, I'm very tempted to get it for my new build but I won't be water cooling

Associate
OP
No
Well it's definately looking impressive mate, I'm sure some of the guys on here could help you with the OC may be something you need to try differently, is there anything I should look out for with this case when building, I'm very tempted to get it for my new build but I won't be water cooling

Not that I can think of if your not water cooling but feel free to ask me questions and I can try and help. I did find some of my cables only just went from the psu to the atx and cpu mobo connectors.

Associate
OP
Four right angled bends on a single piece of tube. Impressive.

Well done on the build.

Cheers, appreciate the compliment. A wee slip up though... it was all near perfect until... I spotted the cpu in and out were the wrong way. Now the tube is ever so slightly off in a couple of places. Not enough to annoy me to the point of changing it until maybe I get a couple more led fittings.

Associate
Very Nice Build Just seen this after you posting on my thread, Really liking those thermaltake rings they are nice, I'm going for a RGB build also, having to wait for some aurora Fans though

Associate
OP
Very Nice Build Just seen this after you posting on my thread, Really liking those thermaltake rings they are nice, I'm going for a RGB build also, having to wait for some aurora Fans though

Those would be nice, as long as you can still do all the effects. The thermaltake ones on pwm are ace. They speed up and slow down automatically when the cpu temp goes up and look fantastic. There are loads of options for effects and colours. I went rgb with a black and white scheme on the build so I can have any accent I want rather than a fixed colour

Associate
Yeah I am really hoping that they do all link in and go well, i'm pretty much going for the same idea as you on this, Black and White to allow for any colour changes, ill take a look at the thermaltake ones could use them for the time being, Was this your first time at doing the hard pipe? Awesome job on them. I wanted to do two seperate loops and do a double helix with the hard pipe may still do it just know its going to be the most difficult part of my build. See if you can get some little cable grips will tidy up that motherboard power lead and just give it that clean finish

Associate
OP
Yeah I am really hoping that they do all link in and go well, i'm pretty much going for the same idea as you on this, Black and White to allow for any colour changes, ill take a look at the thermaltake ones could use them for the time being, Was this your first time at doing the hard pipe? Awesome job on them. I wanted to do two seperate loops and do a double helix with the hard pipe may still do it just know its going to be the most difficult part of my build. See if you can get some little cable grips will tidy up that motherboard power lead and just give it that clean finish

Yeah I've never hard piped or water cooled or braided before but I've worked on high pressure hydraulics for years doing the odd bit of pipe work and I've worked with stainless and pvcu pipe but neither are anything like the same. Petg is so easy to work with it's a joke. You can even reset the joints if you mess it up. Honestly it's actually a joke how easy it bends exactly how you want it.

I would recommend making a board up with a line diagram of the pipework and where necessary a hole to put any perpendicular bends through. I think that would work great. I did them all by eye though and no formers so it's not perfect and as I said earlier when I spun the cpu block around it threw the pipe out ever so slightly.

I'm not sure if I'm 100% happy with the routing as a parallel loop would look far better but I followed the component lines where I could so it looks not too bad.

Associate
Haha thats brilliant work then, yeah i have never done any of the above at all, that's really refreshing to hear though at least i know if i mess up i can sort it easy enough. yeah i will do that idea with the board to line the pipes up perfectly. I think it looks brilliant mate, i dont want any connectors either using right angles and the like

Associate
OP
The braiding and such like where did you get your parts?

Got it all from ocuk and one well known other. Most from here.

It's worth noting I used thermaltake tube. I bought some other stuff that was too short and while I can't remember the make it doesn't look half as good or feel as durable.

Make sure obviously you get the silicone internal anticollapsamatron 5000 as well ;) you can't feed that back in the tube after a bend so you need to check your sizes after a bend before pulling out so to speak. If it's wrong and you have the silicone still in the tube and you apply heat slowly the tube starts to straighten out again. You may get the odd minor difference or it may not look spot on perfect but you can barely tell as long as you take it easy.

Associate
Are you not allowed to mention who the other one is on here then, didn't realise it was that strick on here. about the pipes i might have to change mine then as i went with monsoon. hahaha totally with the internal Anticollapsamatron 5000 i will always leave it in although last time i did that it cost me a fortune and had to change my life quite a bit but this time it sounds like it will save me money so im trusting you :)

Was the monsoon ones part of what you have tested against the thermaltake

Associate
OP
Are you not allowed to mention who the other one is on here then, didn't realise it was that strick on here. about the pipes i might have to change mine then as i went with monsoon. hahaha totally with the internal Anticollapsamatron 5000 i will always leave it in although last time i did that it cost me a fortune and had to change my life quite a bit but this time it sounds like it will save me money so im trusting you :)

Was the monsoon ones part of what you have tested against the thermaltake

Had a look for you, they were ek but so are all my fittings so maybe the tubes would be fine.

Sorry I was not too clear. I didn't actually use the tube I just had it out of the pack and the thermaltake seemed to feel of a higher quality. If I were you I'd stick with what you bought as it's probably fine. I just wanted to say that in my limited experience the thermaltake was very nice to work with

Associate
AHh brilliant thats alright then all my fittings are EK but went for the monsoon litreally just because it was a pack of 4 and i think thats all i need, ahh brilliant im gonna get the thermaltake get one just to see the quality over the monsoon want to do the build once if i can. also if you have done stainless and pvcu aswell before you have far greater knowledge then me i have only done a little bit of copper before.

Back
Top Bottom