**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S7/Edge Thread ****

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
How is everyones battery life after the update?

Pretty sure mine has got worse from looking at the last couple of days usage.

Soldato
Quite a bit worse, for me....initially, after the original 7.0 update, didn't notice much change, but the latest small update seems to have done something :( Looks like Android System is sucking lots of power, so much so that I rarely get from 7am~ish to 10pm~ish without issues!

Rather annoying, as the battery life had always been so good on the S7E for me.....

Caporegime
Hate this update. It's the last time I update an OS. It always makes a phone worse.
Honestly not one improvement worth it.

Battery life dives
No quick option for auto brightness
Brightness slider is now a two finger pull
Lost Samsung split screen (Google is worse)
Camera app is dire

All these issues for a different always on display

I wish I could go back

Associate

I can at least offer a solution for that... Next to the brightness slider there's a little down chevron. Tap that and there's an option in there to "show control on top".

My battery seems to have got a little worse too. Used to comfortably get two days with my usage, with about 10-15% by the end of the second day. Now I'm struggling to get to the end of the second day without a charge when I get home from work.

Caporegime
I can at least offer a solution for that... Next to the brightness slider there's a little down chevron. Tap that and there's an option in there to "show control on top".

My battery seems to have got a little worse too. Used to comfortably get two days with my usage, with about 10-15% by the end of the second day. Now I'm struggling to get to the end of the second day without a charge when I get home from work.

Completely didn't see that. You're a star! Was driving me nuts

Soldato
Guess who just slipped in the rain and dropped his S7E :mad: ..edge of screen chipped and spider web cracks still usable tho

10 years since I've broken a phone :(

least bank insurance are giving me a new one £50 excess but sending me a £50 voucher for a case .. new 1 to be sent friday via DPD :) ..could have had it tomorrow but no 1 is in

Soldato
Hate this update. It's the last time I update an OS. It always makes a phone worse.
Honestly not one improvement worth it.

Battery life dives
Camera app is dire

All these issues for a different always on display

I wish I could go back

You could if you wanted using Odin

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I have noticed the past couple of months that randomly the wired fast charge fails to activate when connected to any fast charger, with any cable. You have to repeatedly disconnect and reconnect before fast charging shows up on the screen.

I've Googled it and turns out it's related to a faulty USB port, and requires the screen replacing as the USB port is fused to the screen (!). This could possibly also explain the dark grey AOD which I mentioned before.

Let's see what the S8 is like, as I may just get one of those and send the S7e away under warranty to have this sorted out.

I should add that my brother in law also has the exact same issue with his S7 edge, and his is several months newer than mine.

Comments suggest it's more common than first imagined.

Battery life dives
I have noticed that the battery in the final Nougat release isn't as good as the BETA versions.

There is!

No it isn't! (see quote reply above)

Open for debate, but the Google one is more widely supported by apps, if not all apps that I have installed.

Camera app is dire
Completely disagree, the camera app is better in most regards from my experience, and the same everywhere else.

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Combination of both really:

rps20170323_165040_192.jpg

rps20170323_165012_162.jpg

I also use Apps Edge for other common apps I use:

rps20170323_165326_864.jpg

Associate
I'm after some advice if anybody can help please? I dropped my s7 edge a few weeks ago and went through my bank for the insurance. It came back two days ago looking as good as new. I tried to sign in with my gmail account but it said that I had entered the wrong password. I was sure my password was correct but I reset my password and created a new one.

I then tried to sign in and it was saying that because my phone and password had both been reset, that I had to wait 24 hours until I can sign in. I wasn't happy but decided i would just wait it out for 24 hours..... 40 hours later and it is still saying the same message :( I can sign into my account on my spare phone, tablet, laptop and pc but not on my s7e. It also gives an option to enter your phone number but it's saying not recognized. I've googled this and a lot of other people seem to have the same problem and some are saying they've been locked out for weeks! :eek: it's saying that I need to sign in with an account that has previously been used on the device which is what I've done, I've had the phone since new and only ever used that account.

I'm wondering if anybody else has ever had a similar problem and whether it sorted itself out etc or if there's a solution.

the exact message I get is

"Unable to sign into device due to a recent password change. Please try to sign in again 24 hours after the password change was performed"

I'm not expecting anybody to be able to solve this problem but thanks anyway. I will contact google tomorrow if I don't find a solution tonight

Back
Top Bottom