*** Zelda: Breath of the Wild ***

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I don't play Zelda for the story, we know the story, same as who play Mario for the story?

It's just an excuse to save the princess/Hyrule. People play Mass Effect for the story, Zelda, its about the puzzles, the combat, the bosses, the music, Master Sword, Hyrule, the mini games.

I don't mind the rain, the only time it annoys me is when i am climbing this wall and it rains mid way through and have to just wait it out. Not too big a deal and not a deal breaker, not even close. In fact, the rain and lighting makes a change in how you play, like instead of going in all guns blazing sometimes I have to run away retreating because i don't have any wooden weapons to fight, and i am certainly not going to win with a stick against a guardian.
I don't play Zelda for it's story either, but it sure could be better than it was which would help IMO. It is the type of game that not having a strong story does not dock it much points, as that is not it's main strength. That is why I personally rate it 9.5 out of 10 and found it to be the best game I have played in a while on any platform.

Oh and I did find the rain would start many times just as I was about to climb, it did annoy me a few times. But I climbed a lot, so it could be coincidence :p

Caporegime
No game is PERFECT, as in total 100% with no faults but this game is a masterpiece, that's what I would say about it.

It achieves so many rights, totally exceeded expectations and makes previous Zelda game small and almost average. It brings so many new ideas not only to Zelda but open world game design.

Caporegime
No game is PERFECT, as in total 100% with no faults but this game is a masterpiece, that's what I would say about it.

It achieves so many rights, totally exceeded expectations and makes previous Zelda game small and almost average. It brings so many new ideas not only to Zelda but open world game design.

I agree. People will always hate on things though. It most certainly isn't perfect though. I've still done over 60 hours since last saturday mind! Which is incredible for me.

Soldato

+1
Although I do think botw and the last of us are the closest to perfect a game can get , both for different reasons :)

D3K

D3K

Soldato
This is a poor Zelda game then if we judge it by your criteria :p
1 out of 7 aint bad (Hyrule) ;)

I did like the music though as it offered something new to the extremely well-known score we've seen done to death in games and orchestras. However, it's not any better or any worse, just appropriate.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime

You are missing the point. I am not saying a game needs to be perfect in every way to get a 10/10, but those were things I felt were missing which it could have achieved to have been a better game which I could have personally give it 10/10.

I have already said it is the best game I have played on any platform in a while, that is already a huge honour in itself so relax. I enjoyed it more than Witcher 3 and think it is a better game and most people drool over that game :p

Associate

The sad thing is that people forget this. A perfect game is something that can never be actually achieved. But it can be a goal to work towards and in trying to make the perfect game, a very good game can be made.

No product is perfect, every product has it's limitations and downsides. By pointing out these negatives, we can hope that they get sorted for next time. Hence why I'm so critical of Nintendo and video games in general. Cos deep down, I just want their games and hardware to be good and most importantly: enjoyable to play.

I've finally decided to put the game down today. I was exploring the North-west corner and I'm burned out. It did well. I'll slow down how much I play the game so that I can finish it.

I think a large reason why it's difficult is because you are heavily punished when trying to learn mob behaviour. If you are late with a dodge or block, you're likely 1-shotted (or will be dead on next hit).

True that. Which is why I'm so big on stealth (elements help too, I used ice weapons on a group of high level Bokoblins for example). Today I snuck up on a Guardian Walker and wailed on it and without any special weapons or anything. It couldn't hit me while I was attacking away underneath it. I did similarly with one that was stuck in the ground. I got hit once, but managed to kill it with just a Knight's Broadsword.

Can't really do that for certain other enemies though, like Lynels. I was trying to fight one today and as you mentioned, I got killed from having to switch weapons and to different types (one was a weapon I hadn't used before, I didn't know it was 2-handed).

Caporegime
I think Zelda and Nintendo was under enormous pressure and expectation. Years without a major title, years without a major hit, The Wii U was a failed console in terms of longevity and sales, Starfox last year bombed and they really needed this to succeed, both for Switch and also for the company.

With decades of history and weight of the franchise on its shoulders, delay after delay, its a game of enormous significance and under huge pressure they delivered, delivered something beyond these expectations. That is no mean feat.

In comparison, just look at Mass Effect Andromeda this week.

Soldato
Just finished it, ending initially felt a bit weak but it's growing on me already. Worth getting all of the memories for an extra post-credits scene.

Once you finish it, the only change is a completion tracker for the shrine and side quests.

Easily one of my top 5 games, if it'd have had even a few big dungeons that would have made it even better but the sense of exploration, wonder and just sheer fun was incredible.

Back to Horizon Zero Dawn which feels oddly cold after Zelda!

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I think Zelda and Nintendo was under enormous pressure and expectation. Years without a major title, years without a major hit, The Wii U was a failed console in terms of longevity and sales, Starfox last year bombed and they really needed this to succeed, both for Switch and also for the company.

With decades of history and weight of the franchise on its shoulders, delay after delay, its a game of enormous significance and under huge pressure they delivered, delivered something beyond these expectations. That is no mean feat.

In comparison, just look at Mass Effect Andromeda this week.
Agreed. They definitely delivered. Just hope we get to see another Zelda sooner this time. I am hoping by 2020 at the latest.

Yeah, Mass Effect Andromeda turned out to be poop. I was not surprised, actually it turned out to be worse than I expected. Apart from combat and graphics it seems to be a huge step back from the first Mass Effect which was a great game imo (did not enjoy me2 or 3).

Associate
The Korok seeds are generally...

If you see the following:-

1 - Rock on top of a mountain, or a rock in the middle of somewhere
2 - a single tree that stands alone.
3 - a stump of a tree, stand on it
4 - a little paper windmill
5 - a circle of leaves in a pond, dive into it.

I'm catching up on this thread, so this has possibly been mentioned later on, but theres also single daffodils, groups of daffodils in increasing numeric clusters, and piles of square stones, with a small magnetic stone near by.

Soldato
I climbed on top of a mountain last night with a blue light shining up and there were loads of ice bunnies and even an ice unicorn which I mounted and tried to tame but it bucked me off. This game is so epic.

Soldato
Decided it was time to finally call it a day and defeat Ganon. Really enjoyed the final area but I thought the fight, like every boss in the game, was honestly a bit easy in comparison to other mobs in the game. 70 shrines done and a few areas I didn't really explore too much (the cold areas mostly) so I'll definitely go back. It's nice to finally feel free after being pinned to the game for the last 3 weeks though :p.

Caporegime
Decided it was time to finally call it a day and defeat Ganon. Really enjoyed the final area but I thought the fight, like every boss in the game, was honestly a bit easy in comparison to other mobs in the game. 70 shrines done and a few areas I didn't really explore too much (the cold areas mostly) so I'll definitely go back. It's nice to finally feel free after being pinned to the game for the last 3 weeks though :p.

Consider this for a challenge and ride the following

1 - Moose
2 - Deer
3 - Lynel
4 - Those little guys that drops money when you shoots arrows at them? there is a BIG version, find it and ride it
5 - Big horse
6 - Dead horse
7 - I have seen a pure white horse which I think is the one just like Zelda had in the memories

That's my side quest for you :p

Soldato
Consider this for a challenge and ride the following

1 - Moose
2 - Deer
3 - Lynel
4 - Those little guys that drops money when you shoots arrows at them? there is a BIG version, find it and ride it
5 - Big horse
6 - Dead horse
7 - I have seen a pure white horse which I think is the one just like Zelda had in the memories

That's my side quest for you :p
I think I'll pass. I did mount a Lynel though :p.

Back
Top Bottom