*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
A fair number of people found it meh, myself included.

I would honestly say there hasnt been a single great ps4 exclusive title yet.

A fair number of people, including me, found Witcher 3 rather meh with its predictable plodding fantasy plot, below average gameplay, wonky animations and broken levelling so that doesn't really say much. And it is supposed to be the best game of all time.

IMO, TLOU is one of the most impressive games in terms of overall package I've ever played. Pacing/characters were flawlessly executed and gameplay was solid and felt appropriarely heavy. It has flaws but not glaring ones.

Also, one of the best endings ever.

I guess I haven't played a good game if TLOU is meh.

I was mostly a PC gamer not long ago but PS4 exclusives crap all over practically everything I've played on PC except maybe Horizon 3.

Yakuza 0 leaves everything in the dust in terms of fun factor and the amount of content (it has its flaws obviously).

Associate
It sounds like you might not like games now, but you once used to.

Lol, I feel that way. I've not touched Doom past the first level and Bloodborne past the first (proper) boss (which I was never able to beat), makes me think there must be something wrong with me. But even can occasionally find a game to sink my teeth into. Right now it's Zelda, but last year it was Uncharted and Ratchet and Clank.

To say that PS4 has no exclusives isn't really true. I pretty much only buy exclusives on PS4 and I have a fair few. I will say that Ratchet and Clank was the most fun I've had on my PS4 so far, don't underestimate it. And the funny thing is, I've not even taken off the plastic wrapping for Uncharted 4 lol. Horizon Zero Dawn just came out (would buy, but don't have time to play atm) and Persona 5 comes out next month. There's plenty of exclusives on the PS4.

V F

V F

Soldato
It sounds like you might not like games now, but you once used to.

I wonder why that is. I don't know why but from the past 15 months I've enjoyed gaming as much as I first got into it on the PC in 1999 for Quake 3. I don't know what it is but its bloody marvellous! That and a bit addicted.

I didn't really get into the last of us either, but the comment about no good PS4 exclusives is just straight up wrong.

I had put off The Last of Us Remastered because I got stuck with all the clickers in Downtown in some dark area. That changed my mind when the sequel was announced plus everyone always talking about the first. Loved it though. It was intense.

If anything I feared the winter section the most. Some of winter made me feel a bit of a breather but the battles really heated up here if anything. All that screaming. :eek:

The creepy David scene wasn't any better the more you slashed him. That was some of the creepiest animations I had scene the way he chased you and crawled around the floor. What a game though.

Associate
Hi - apologies if this has been asked before, I am a console noob so it might be asking the bleeding obvious. Will a normal PS4 game run 'better' (more fps?) on a PS4 Pro than it will run on a standard PS4? Or do you need games designed with the Pro in mind to benefit from it fully? I have a PS4 (slim I think - as I said I'm a noob), and games like Last of Us, Uncharted, etc. I guess my question is - will the gameplay experience be smoother running it on a PS4 Pro? I'll still be using a 1080p TV so don't think I'll be interested in the 4K aspect. Thanks.

Caporegime
Finally got round to completing my Housemarque collection today with the purchase of the Resogun season pack whilst it's on offer.

The pass includes a number of skins for the little green humans but I can't work out how you change them? I'm still getting the default green ones.

Soldato
You must really hate games then :confused:

Nope I'm really stuck into Zelda right now. To be honest my 4k TV has always had a a pretty laggy input from the ps4 which probably has a lot to do with it. I couldn't get into bloodborne for that very reason. Couldn't be bothered with unchartered, 1 and 2 were epic 3 was good but 4 was just a cringe fest by the looks of it.

Back
Top Bottom