The "New Gear/Willy Waving" thread

hux

hux

Soldato
This lens coming next week, too many missed shots to count.

earlyadoptertrouble_zps3mbmbgji.jpg~original

Last edited:
Soldato
DPD have been kind to me. Been shooting with a friends Canon for a few weeks now and have to say I much prefer it to my A99 so I'm moving to full frame Canon for no other reason than I want to!

bvBdvI5.jpg.png

Associate
DPD have been kind to me. Been shooting with a friends Canon for a few weeks now and have to say I much prefer it to my A99 so I'm moving to full frame Canon for no other reason than I want to!

bvBdvI5.jpg.png

What other reason do you need? :)

35mm art is a cracker, had mine since Christmas and love it! And the 85 you have there has to one of Canons best bang for buck lenses.

Soldato
Recently got back into photography and got a D5500. Didn't take me long to get a nice 50mm prime and then today picked up the Sigma 18-35mm f1.8 - love this new Sigma!
G9b26gY.jpg

mxYm6Yy.jpg
G9b26gY.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
What other reason do you need? :)

35mm art is a cracker, had mine since Christmas and love it! And the 85 you have there has to one of Canons best bang for buck lenses.

Yo, a fellow Notts member! Had the Sony version of the Art on my A99 and it's hands down the best lens I've ever used so there is no way I'd now consider going anywhere without.
Had the 85 out earlier today and have to say I'm very impressed for the money, seems to have excellent contrast wide for a £200 lens.

Associate
Yo, a fellow Notts member! Had the Sony version of the Art on my A99 and it's hands down the best lens I've ever used so there is no way I'd now consider going anywhere without.
Had the 85 out earlier today and have to say I'm very impressed for the money, seems to have excellent contrast wide for a £200 lens.

I didn't even notice your location, story of my day today, half asleep! Yeah the 85 is still on my list, but with the new sigma 85 out and a rumoured 85 L 1.4 IS this year its going to be a tough decision!

Soldato
Not sure if its Lightroom being weird or the EXIF when the camera shoots it but some of these lenses that it things I've shot with are hilarious. Strangely it does not recognise Sigma 50mm Art F/1.4, which is just the 7500 shots one. I have definitely never tried a Zeiss lens, ever.

VGEPs0y.png

Thats some weird behavior.
You on CC? Also guessing that from the font you are using a Mac so I'm not sure if it differs to the Windows set-up however I had a similar problem that was fixed by changing the Lens Profile set-up from Auto to Default, this was in 5.7.1 though as I don't have CC.

Soldato
A few weeks back I treated the family to a new camera. Nikon D3300. My last DSLR was a Nikon D40x many moons ago. So far, not having a great deal of time to go out I have mostly been shooting random stuff, my boy and dog etc. Thought I would do a few closeups today and took one of the cap and strap. A little PS wor to it and not bad for a 5 minute job. I really can't wait to go out with it once I get some time.

WtzRCBL.jpg

Caporegime
Thats some weird behavior.
You on CC? Also guessing that from the font you are using a Mac so I'm not sure if it differs to the Windows set-up however I had a similar problem that was fixed by changing the Lens Profile set-up from Auto to Default, this was in 5.7.1 though as I don't have CC.

I have CC and it's left as default on whatever profile it is, never touch those settings and although it doesn't bother me, it is weird how the Sigma confuse LR so much.

Soldato
Not sure if its Lightroom being weird or the EXIF when the camera shoots it but some of these lenses that it things I've shot with are hilarious. Strangely it does not recognise Sigma 50mm Art F/1.4, which is just the 7500 shots one. I have definitely never tried a Zeiss lens, ever.

Yeah my Sigma 35 just shows as "35mm". Very odd.

Back
Top Bottom