Poll: Australian Grand Prix 2017, Melbourne - Race 1/20

Rate the race: 2017 Australian Grand Prix

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Caporegime
3.3seconds faster for Ham than his fastest lap in FP1 last year, and it's pretty much his first timed lap. Pretty damn fast. A Williams pretty much screwing up Ricciardo's lap. Not sure who it was, damn Bottas, I hear his name and I think Williams still, that is going to take a while to get used to.

4.2 seconds faster now, and I still think they are taking it easier last year than this year. Honestly it's just been so long since they had this level of downforce and these kinds of lap speeds it wouldn't surprise me to see them take a little time to almost relearn the tracks.

Crazy speeds.

Being reported, Mclaren have a water leak already...... pathetic.

Man of Honour
OP
Last years FP1 time comparison not representative really, it was damp.

So far 0.5s up on FP3 last year. Pole last year was 1:23.837.

Man of Honour
Some nice new features from Sky here, seemless switching to onboard laps is pretty cool.
The new 3d track guide looks good too. Rapid switching with Race Control bit too. They're embraced interactive with the Q box.

Watch on HD Channel and press the red button to play.

Soldato
On the face of it looks like same old same old. In fact could be worse as bottas looks nowhere near hamilton, I'm hoping Red Bull and Ferrari have something in hand otherwise this could be a precursor to a very dull season.

Man of Honour
Well, this could be a walk in the park from Hamilton. Bottas is nowhere, not surprising. The gap to everyone else isn't hugely different - you might get the odd race where RB or Ferrari mix it up depending on the track. Race pace could be even stronger if we look at testing long run pace.

Caporegime
So the Ferrari is faster stuff was BS then? :D

The only person who talked that up was Hamilton. No one else genuinely thought that, probably including Hamilton, but he has to talk them up so people can be fooled into thinking the driver is making a difference.

The trouble is if this gap stands people will think the car changes didn't work and we will get another load of f1 knee jerk changes. Mercedes are just doing an awesome job.

Soldato
I fully expect Botas to get closer to Hamilton after a few races, he just needs time to get used to the new car.

As for Ferrari and RB, I guess we won't know their true pace until tomorrow, but it doesn't look promising based on this morning's performance.

Man of Honour
OP
Hamilton just looks so dialled in already. Bottas can't be too happy with himself so far.
Ferrari's had a bit of a naff Friday, fully expect them to be closer tomorrow and Sunday though.

FP1 Times:

lnV2Ic3.png

FP2 Times:

dqnIVYl.png

Back
Top Bottom