Gear Thread - Pics

Soldato
IMG_20170320_200444_zpsgmdfcnf7.jpg

IMG_20170320_200459_zpski7bxmkv.jpg

Soldato
Haha! That really has been a controversial move by Gibson hasn't it! Would I be considered a heathen if I admitted that I preferred it without it? :) Got one on my Epiphone but I can't imagine that it be getting out the case much now the Gibson has arrived.

I was in two minds about the scratchplate, but I've decided it's prettier without.

Is the photo above yours Raymond Lin? Its beautiful.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Haha! That really has been a controversial move by Gibson hasn't it! Would I be considered a heathen if I admitted that I preferred it without it? :) Got one on my Epiphone but I can't imagine that it be getting out the case much now the Gibson has arrived.

I was in two minds about the scratchplate, but I've decided it's prettier without.

Is the photo above yours Raymond Lin? Its beautiful.

Not sure why they left it out them, strange move. The traditionalist will always demand them.

It is my guitar, thanks, mine didn't come with a pickguard weirdly enough, there is no holes on the side either where it screws in. I could source one but don't want to put a hole in where there is none!

Soldato
None of them come with holes in anymore. You have to drill/screw it in yourself or get a shop to do it for you. Its the main reason I didn't want to get it done, cos if I changed my mind after 6 months I'd just be left with holes in the body!

Caporegime
None of them come with holes in anymore. You have to drill/screw it in yourself or get a shop to do it for you. Its the main reason I didn't want to get it done, cos if I changed my mind after 6 months I'd just be left with holes in the body!

Mine is from 2001, guess they were in a no joke habit back at that period too.

PRS single cuts don't have the poker chip either. It's like they are all copying each other lol

NHTrd6n.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
PRS guitars do have their own unique voice but they can be very similar to LP's. I think Prs offer better options for colours and finishes though. Im just more a Gibson fan, but thats just me.

Man of Honour
Love Korg Gadget, it's all I need for tinkering with music production. Recently got a Korg Microkey Air bluetooth keyboard for it and it's amazing, no latency at all. One thing was really annoying was using it with iPad on lap, was a real pain as holding both near impossible....so modded the Microkey so it now has built in iPad stand (cheap amazon alloy stand stuck on base with 3M badge tape)

2017-04-09%2016.48.56.jpg

2017-04-09%2016.49.10.jpg

2017-04-09%2016.49.20.jpg

Back
Top Bottom