Shots fired outside parliament - Please refrain from speculative and antagonistic posts

Soldato
I agree however as humans remember we always have choice and as individuals we chose the route through life we wish to take. I do not see a problem with singling out groups that simply do not fit in with what we would class as living life as normal humans. If someone chooses to live away from that then they are welcome to go and live it somewhere else where it is accepted. There is a point where some things simply cannot be combined or coexist in the same place. Yes some people may well change their views later in life alas that is just tough they cannot come back to the UK. They should have thought about the choice they made a little more before making it. Initially there would unfortunately be some who were vulnerable and coerced into these extremist views that would end up being sent far away but once we rid the country of the scum that's here I'd hope that the amount of vulnerable coerced would greatly reduce. If we do not tackle the problem I fear it may worsen over time.

We could start with all the one's who are back in this country after travelling to the likes of Syria\Libya\Yemen\Iraq\Afghanistan etc for nothing other than to learn to kill\Injure, fight and cause mayhem etc in this country or elsewhere when they come back, get rid of them first, as for the one's who are still over there, let them die, if they don't die then they don't return back to the UK, they stay in which ever hellhole they are currently in.

Then anyone spouting any extremist material that is designed to cause harm\death\destruction in this country in public or online then an instant full 2 year stretch inside, do it 3 times and you are away for 20 years.

That's a start, we need a government with the balls to implement it.

e: I will also add the same kind of things need to happen in Europe too.

Last edited:
Soldato
Chemical weapons are a huge line in the sand for us, they represent a risk to our national security if terrorists were to get hold of them. Saddam Hussein did use them in the past and wasn't allowing UN weapon inspectors in, irrespective of the fact that we didn't find any, that was a huge risk.
That's also why we were very close to going into Syria when they were used there. Maybe you don't appreciate the dangers of these weapons being used by terrorists in a populated area, you'd be looking at hundreds or thousands of deaths. Look at how lethal the chemical used on the North Korean defector recently was.
This is one of the most terrifying things for me, imagine the damage that could be done with 50 ml of stuff like that.

Caporegime
The whole situation is quite difficult to manage and I don't know what solution can be derived that'd solve the problem at hand with Islamic Extremists. You cannot sling everyone out of the country purely because they are on a list of potential terrorists. It is a shame we do not have more resources to investigate more in depth each and every name on the list but that's just how it is. I do think as a nation we need to toughen up on some things however. Some laws need addressing so that they are not so favourable to the types most of us as a nation detest.

Human Rights is used far too often by those who I believe have created the situation themselves by conducting an illegal activity. In certain circumstances human rights should be removed. The person knows what they are doing is illegal so if anything 'bad' were to happen to them well it's just tough, that was a risk they were willing to take by committing the crime.

Freedom of speech also needs to have an exception. As a nation I'd like to think that none of us agree with Islamic extremist views and laws, it simply has no place in society anywhere in our country. I would quite happily like to see a law released that states anyone found promoting Islamic Extremist views and laws or anyone that turns up to a demonstration promoting Islamic Extremist views is arrested, put on a plane and sent to the nearest hell hole where they practice Sharia law and continue their life there as they so wish it to be conducted here currently. Naturally their British Passport (if they have one) is to be removed from them too. I'd have no issues with this being done to any other nut promoting extremist views not relevant to the norm in our society.

What a big mess the world is turning into......

It's already illegal to promote and to make/write hate speeches. People are deported for doing so. The only thing we don't do now is deport people if they are British citizens. Your plan falls into the same plot hole as Arazi's - you can't deport someone that is a British citizen if they are not also a citizen of another country (for one).

The world has always been a big mess, nothing has changed except the type of mess.

Soldato
It's already illegal to promote and to make/write hate speeches. People are deported for doing so. The only thing we don't do now is deport people if they are British citizens. Your plan falls into the same plot hole as Arazi's - you can't deport someone that is a British citizen if they are not also a citizen of another country (for one).

The world has always been a big mess, nothing has changed except the type of mess.

Maybe we should make them citizens of lower Earth orbit

Soldato
How very pinochet

He lacked ambition. I'm killing two birds with one stone, we're getting rid of potential terrorists and also starting Britains long overdue space program. If my experience of Kerbal Space Program has taught me anything though it's that someone else should be chief design engineer.

Soldato

OK, Exile then if you want to be pickey over semantics :p.

Exile has always been the option of choice for those that you do not want around any more but who you do not wish to imprison or execute either...

There would be plenty of possible ways of implementing it.

Caporegime
lawl
Yeah we went into Iraq on humanitarian grounds!!
I guess not enough people were being slaughtered in Rwanda or Sudan for us to bother helping them :rolleyes:
And people with your mindset have the cheek to call liberals naive

yet if either ethnic group were muslim and we'd intervened then you'd be using it as reason why we've somehow brought this attack on ourself

just as you're doing with Iraq

the terrorist was a muslim convert with nothing to do with Iraq - he was from the UK, trying to blame Western foreign policy for this is ridiculous, this is simply someone who has latched onto an extremist ideology

Caporegime
Also I think we need a little perspective, we have had about 5-6 murders due to Islamic extremism in the last 12 YEARS!

It is the intent that is important - if a gang shooting results in bystanders getting killed then that is tragic and must be stopped but isn't something that is deliberately targeting civilians. An islamic terrorist such as the one in this attack is/was aiming to kill as many people as he could and aiming for maximum publicity. He's not afraid of getting killed himself in the process - this is far more dangerous - looking at the results for some arbitrary number of attacks isn't really the full picture - the worrying aspect is that there are people with this mentality living here and they do have both supporters and sympathisers within the wider muslim community. If this terrorist had the means or ability to kill more people he would have done so. Fortunately we've not had a plane destroyed by terrorists for about 3 decades or so and we've never had a mass shooting by islamists - but the risk is there.

The police and secret services should be given the money and resources that they need so that they can continue to perform the excellent job they are doing, we should not allow the criminals to dictate the way we live our lives and treat each other!!

indeed, they shouldn't dictate the way we lead our lives and treat each other, that includes our foreign policy and any intervention or humanitarian assistance we may offer to other countries too - if we allow that to be dictated by a small number of extremists then they've won

Caporegime
http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/lo...a-coverage-triggers-criticism-britain-n738091

Absolutely, shocking how the right wing media just work to support the terrorists' agenda, trying to spread panick and fear.

hardly just the right wing media - rather the mainstream media in general - look at the picture in your article: are the guardian and the mirror right wing now?

and yes it is a valid point, while I wouldn't want the security services to treat this sort of thing along the lines of a gang shooting it would be nice if the media did rather than splash it on the front pages and give it so much hype

Soldato
I got up and went to work as normal in London the next day. The media would have non Londoners thinking that we were all fixated on it. Can't stand those statements like " we are not scared" or "terror or the heart of democracy". Yes it was bad but talk about making a mountain out of a molehill.

Soldato
yet if either ethnic group were muslim and we'd intervened then you'd be using it as reason why we've somehow brought this attack on ourself

just as you're doing with Iraq

the terrorist was a muslim convert with nothing to do with Iraq - he was from the UK, trying to blame Western foreign policy for this is ridiculous, this is simply someone who has latched onto an extremist ideology
I wouldnt bother Dowie, he is one of the handwringers amongst us.

Caporegime
We could start with all the one's who are back in this country after travelling to the likes of Syria\Libya\Yemen\Iraq\Afghanistan etc for nothing other than to learn to kill\Injure, fight and cause mayhem etc in this country or elsewhere when they come back, get rid of them first, as for the one's who are still over there, let them die, if they don't die then they don't return back to the UK, they stay in which ever hellhole they are currently in.

Then anyone spouting any extremist material that is designed to cause harm\death\destruction in this country in public or online then an instant full 2 year stretch inside, do it 3 times and you are away for 20 years.

That's a start, we need a government with the balls to implement it.

e: I will also add the same kind of things need to happen in Europe too.

Thats fine if you then apply it to all white sumpremists, animal rights, anti abortion nutters who kill more Americans every year than islamic terrorists

Back
Top Bottom