• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Thread**

Associate
what are peoples thoughts on the EVGA FTW3?

it should be a good card for people who want to go stay on air..supposed to have dual bios too with one being higher power limit

back on topic

played a game last night for first time in months maybe.. some BF1 for a hour or so.. and my 1080 impressed me tbh getting 80-100 fps 3440 x 1440 ultra .. that was without any overclock it boosts to 1911mhz also g sync enabled.. makes me think I don't need to upgrade at all

I guess I just want the shiny ofc ;) .. maybe to do some benchmarks see what numbers I get.. also theres always that nice feeling your on the bleeding edge.. all I gotta say is when these 1080 deals come around.. dont think just buy.. the 1080 is still one hell of a card..

thing that gets me the most is memory overclocking on GPUs I remember doing it on a 780 and thinking 6 to 7 ghz overclock was boss.. then the 780 ti came out with 7ghz standard.. 980 ti also 7ghz but could hit 8ghz.. with my 1070 I hit 9ghz..1080 10ghz.. 1080 ti people are hitting 12ghz??! thats insane! :D :D

Soldato
Sorted, it was because share was enabled in GFE.

Speaking of GFE, i've not been able to get shadowplay to work for a while, it worked on the 1080 for a while and stopped and still not working on the TI.

It's a pain because i've had some cracking games on BF1 i wanted to save.

Soldato
https://videocardz.com/67661/new-card-report-12-aorus-edition

GPU : GP102 GPU Base Clock : 1632 MHz (+10.3%)
Cores : 3584 GPU Boost Clock : 1746 MHz (+10.4%)
TMUs : 224 Memory Clock : 1431 MHz (+4.0%)

Xtreme Edition beating the Strix OC as fastest card

Non-Xtreme matching speeds

PU : GP102 GPU Base Clock : 1594 MHz (+7.7%)
Cores : 3584 GPU Boost Clock : 1708 MHz (+8.0%)
TMUs : 224 Memory Clock : 1376 MHz

Last edited:
Associate
Associate
https://videocardz.com/67661/new-card-report-12-aorus-edition

GPU : GP102 GPU Base Clock : 1632 MHz (+10.3%)
Cores : 3584 GPU Boost Clock : 1746 MHz (+10.4%)
TMUs : 224 Memory Clock : 1431 MHz (+4.0%)

Xtreme Edition beating the Strix OC as fastest card

Non-Xtreme matching speeds

PU : GP102 GPU Base Clock : 1594 MHz (+7.7%)
Cores : 3584 GPU Boost Clock : 1708 MHz (+8.0%)
TMUs : 224 Memory Clock : 1376 MHz

Can't see on their site if these are 2.5 or 2 slot (I assume the former but wondered if the basic OC version will be 2 slot?)

I'm really struggling to decide what do to at the moment.

I have a microATX case (Corsair 240) with an EVGA X99 Micro 2 MB which has 3 PCI slot.

I currently have a Titan XP and am still able to use the 2 other PCI slots (for soundcard and wifi - although I do have USB options for these).

I'm toyying with whether to sell the Titan while it's still worth a reasonable sum and go for one of the partner cards (non FE) - it would make sense to try and go for a 2 slot card so that I can at least keep the soundcard internally or go full out and get a 2.5 slot one?

The Zotac AMP edition and Inno3d X2 look like decent options for 2 slot (and possibly the Gigabyte quoted above?)

As daft as it may sound, I could even pick up a second Titan XP for SLI but heat could be a problem with them being so close together (I may even have to remove the backplate from 1?)

Thought anyone?

Soldato
Can't see on their site if these are 2.5 or 2 slot (I assume the former but wondered if the basic OC version will be 2 slot?)

I have a microATX case (Corsair 240) with an EVGA X99 Micro 2 MB which has 3 PCI slot.

I currently have a Titan XP and am still able to use the 2 other PCI slots (for soundcard and wifi - although I do have USB options for these).

I'm toyying with whether to sell the Titan while it's still worth a reasonable sum and go for one of the partner cards (non FE) - it would make sense to try and go for a 2 slot card so that I can at least keep the soundcard internally or go full out and get a 2.5 slot one?

The Zotac AMP edition and Inno3d X2 look like decent options for 2 slot (and possibly the Gigabyte quoted above?)

As daft as it may sound, I could even pick up a second Titan XP for SLI but heat could be a problem with them being so close together (I may even have to remove the backplate from 1?)

Thought anyone?

the xtreme's are 2.5+ slots and the Gaming is 2 slot design.

are you struggling with the Titan XP at the moment? if you dont have a G-sync monitor could you look into the Vega option? or at least wait till it launches to see how prices turn out ? with an XP could easily cost for another month or two :D

Associate

Thought anyone?

I'd stick with the Titan, and pop a few hundred quid on doing a custom watercooling loop. There's some really nice one's out there using the 240 case, but I'm biased as like wc.

Or just stick with the Titan, as they'll probably not come down in price s/h from what they already have at the mo for a while.

Associate
I'd stick with the Titan, and pop a few hundred quid on doing a custom watercooling loop. There's some really nice one's out there using the 240 case, but I'm biased as like wc.

Or just stick with the Titan, as they'll probably not come down in price s/h from what they already have at the mo for a while.

Thanks.

Do you have any links for the watercooling for the 240 case only I've struggled to find anything in the past? I've not really looked into it for a while TBH as I thought the lack of space may be a problem.

Soldato
Thanks.

Do you have any links for the watercooling for the 240 case only I've struggled to find anything in the past? I've not really looked into it for a while TBH as I thought the lack of space may be a problem.

Alphacool do a full AIO for the Titan XP, saves going all custom etc etc, one self contained loop

that or
My basket at Overclockers UK:

Total: £100.49
(includes shipping: £10.50)

sorry, misread your post as Titan Maxwel not Pascal, keep the card :D

Back
Top Bottom