• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Thread**

Caporegime
I think things might of changed since you bought your last MSI card. Customer support seems awful at the moment with two support tickets unanswered (14 days and counting), teletphone help line tells you to raise a support ticket. Even gibbo mentioned he wasn't sure what was going on with MSI at the moment.

I also contacted ocuk about the warranty void sticker and was told if it was removed it was warranty void so I couldn't take off the cooler and add a water block.

I needed up returning the MSI 1080ti back to ocuk and went for an EVGA.

I can confirm this what razor time is saying I eventually got a reply from them and then said I had to get in contact with someone else at msi which in turn told me to get in touch with ocuk which in turn said I would need to get back in touch with msi.
I do believe things have changed at msi as I had 290's and they said it was ok but that was 3 years ago when their CS was pretty decent.

That doesn't sound good and I can see where you are coming from. I will stick with the Armour though and see how it goes should I need to RMA etc and keep others informed. I have never needed to RMA anything except a motherboard to Asrock and a GPU to Asus and Asrock were nice and quick (2 weeks iirc) and Asus took 6 weeks :(

Soldato
Just heard back from Nvidia regarding the FE 1080ti I returned after it had no signal.
It had a waterblock fitted to it & I sent the card back on the off chance they would refund or replace.

Good news, they have refunded in full :D

Man of Honour
Just heard back from Nvidia regarding the FE 1080ti I returned after it had no signal.
It had a waterblock fitted to it & I sent the card back on the off chance they would refund or replace.

Excellent news and has put my mind at ease!

Associate

Very good news.

What happens to cards that are RMA'd in this fashion? Are they fixable? Can they be refurbished, or given the precision engineering required, are they just bricks at that point and discarded / recycled?

Associate
[/QUOTE]What happens to cards that are RMA'd in this fashion? Are they fixable? Can they be refurbished, or given the precision engineering required, are they just bricks at that point and discarded / recycled?[/QUOTE]

I always wanted to know, maybe depends on the defect, probably if it is board related just unsolder the cpu and memory and refit on another pcb mount the same cooler and be done. Or throw it in the trash :)

Last edited:
Associate
After a weekend of hammering ME:A I'm surprised how well it runs on this card especially with the overkill requirements they released, with everything on ultra @ 3440x1440 it's between 75 - 100 fps it could probably go higher but it's capped.

That's encouraging to hear. Running at same res on same monitor at HIGH with 980Ti, im sitting 40-50 fps which feels yucky. Will postpone more gametime until 1080Ti arrives!

Associate
After a weekend of hammering ME:A I'm surprised how well it runs on this card especially with the overkill requirements they released, with everything on ultra @ 3440x1440 it's between 75 - 100 fps it could probably go higher but it's capped.

Out of interset, what cpu you running , my ti with 3790k is only hitting 78-62ish FPS in that game on those settings/resolution.

Soldato
So you guys weren't afraid of buying a 1080ti with Vega so close?

I ask as I'm on the fence about buying a 1070.

I think the difference with the 1080Ti is almost no one is expecting Vega to put perform it even on price to performance. A number think they could match it and then most feel it will be a shade under what Nvidia have given us now and so have been willing to take the risk based on AMD track record.

I'm at the point where I feel that AMD are finally back in the right direction and thus not so confident on going with Nvidia again this time around in honesty and even if they only have the same performance I would like to try and support AMD if only to keep the market competitive. Now I'm only one fish in a very large pond but I hope e enough other people feel the same way.

Associate
I think the difference with the 1080Ti is almost no one is expecting Vega to put perform it even on price to performance. A number think they could match it and then most feel it will be a shade under what Nvidia have given us now and so have been willing to take the risk based on AMD track record.

I'm at the point where I feel that AMD are finally back in the right direction and thus not so confident on going with Nvidia again this time around in honesty and even if they only have the same performance I would like to try and support AMD if only to keep the market competitive. Now I'm only one fish in a very large pond but I hope e enough other people feel the same way.

I was a fan of amd upto the 7970 days however since then yes nvidia always been faster, however i highly doubt vega will cost £800 in fact I'm certain it won't, nvidia is being greedy lately !

Soldato
Glad to here that, just out of curiosity, the pads that weren't replaced with thermals on waterblock, mine disintegrated removing them - were yours ok? Suppose I'd just have to stick some extra thermal pads there if i need to RMA - reckon they would notice though.

I'd purchased a second card so the couple of memory thermal pads that were unusable on the retuning card I replaced with pads from the second one.

Associate
I just noticed that "ETA: 14th April 2017" is now showing when you hover your mouse on the "Pre Order" text for...

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/zota...xpress-graphics-card-zt-p10810-gx-10f-zt.html

Can Gibbo or anyone else from OCUK comment on where this date came from and how solid it is at this stage?

I pre ordered one of these beasties back on the launch day for the Ti so hopefully I'm near the front of the queue!

Back
Top Bottom