*** Nintendo Switch ***

PayDay Lover
Associate
:)

I want a new toy for easter weekend, so really hoping this arrives in time

Well you have a better chance than I do. Due to an offer I get through work, I am limited to purchasing a Switch through GAME online site and cannot even 'preorder' so will likely be a few months till I can get it

Associate
Hey folks, hoping you can help me out with a question. If I buy 2 more Joy Cons, can I leave a set attached to the Switch and use the others whilst it is docked, and then pick it up and use the attached ones when portable? Would save me the hassle of removing them each time I want to use it docked and means I have 4 mini controllers if needed. Thanks!

Caporegime
Hey folks, hoping you can help me out with a question. If I buy 2 more Joy Cons, can I leave a set attached to the Switch and use the others whilst it is docked, and then pick it up and use the attached ones when portable? Would save me the hassle of removing them each time I want to use it docked and means I have 4 mini controllers if needed. Thanks!

Don't see why not, I often leave he joycon on and use pro controller, it just ask you to press L R to confirm.

Soldato
Everything crossed for you mate, good luck! You could ring them to put your mind at ease?
laughs - Im actually pretty relaxed about it

Strange thing is both the order confirmation email and the email confirmation of my user accunt for the nintendo shop / site came into gmail with a blank display name / no reply address (even if you cant actually reply to certain emails, you usually have to put some kind of text in there (like "noreply@.....")

Man of Honour

Yes you can. I have 2 sets of joycons and the pro controller and swapping between them all is very quick.

Soldato
laughs - Im actually pretty relaxed about it

Strange thing is both the order confirmation email and the email confirmation of my user accunt for the nintendo shop / site came into gmail with a blank display name / no reply address (even if you cant actually reply to certain emails, you usually have to put some kind of text in there (like "noreply@.....")

Nice, its definitely not coming then ;)

Soldato
I would disagree. Sounds to me like you currently can't afford a Switch by itself (i.e. without getting rid of the WiiU). In which case, you'd have been better off being patient and saving up for a Switch. By the time you could buy one, they'd get these initial launch issues sorted and there'd be more games to play. As for Zelda, it's exactly the same game on both systems. Both of them run at 30fps and both of them have framerate drops, only difference is that Switch docked version runs at a very small upgrade of 900p (1080p would have been mouch more noticeable).

Also... if you're selling the WiiU now for a Switch, who can say, maybe the same thing will happen later on down the line and people will be selling off their Switches for the next big thing. It's too early to say how well the Switch is doing and whether it'll be a long term success. A lot of gamers and developers are still holding off to see how the end of the first year pans out before making a decision. Not to mention that pricing for Switch (and it's game's/accessories) is a bit dodgy at the moment. Best to wait and see what lasting effect it has.

At least with the WiiU, you could always play virtual console and Wii titles (backwards compatible) if the few titles in launch year weren't enough. Besides Zelda, there's nothing much on Switch till later this year. At all.

These sorts of posts remind me of the GPU section of the forum. Where people are selling their 1080s in order to buy a 1080ti. But each to their own. But I guess you get what you pay for, it's your money after all.

I don't really keep much technology for more than 6 months and always buy second hand, I only bought the Wii U in October. But I like the fact the Switch is portable, and the addition of an SD means once it's hacked, you'll be able to watch movies on it, not to mention game roms, there's your virtual console right there

Back
Top Bottom