****MASS EFFECT : ANDROMEDA****

Soldato
The internet ,specifically users can't discuss games properly at all. It's either amazing, best thing ever, no faults, or everything it terrible it's an awful game. It's seems nobody can give constructive posts, it's either good or bad.

I've tried to be honest and fair. I'm a massive fan so I am disappointed, but I am still enjoying it. I don't think it's one I will be able to play over and over like I do with ME1-3, but I'm still looking forward to completing it and playing and future DLC etc. EA seriously need to release a massive bug fixing patch.

Permabanned
Oh no he didn't... :p

Aha I kid.

I don't particularly like it, but that's less because I think it's a bad game and more because it's not what I wanted from a continuation.

Only an idiot or someone who's not played the damn thing would call it objectively 'bad'. It's competent and tells a reasonably compelling story (if massively inferior to it's predecessors, imo).

Soldato
Aha I kid.

I don't particularly like it, but that's less because I think it's a bad game and more because it's not what I wanted from a continuation.

Only an idiot or someone who's not played the damn thing would call it objectively 'bad'. It's competent and tells a reasonably compelling story (if massively inferior to it's predecessors, imo).
Because ME has become more and more EA-ified with each release :(

Permabanned
Because ME has become more and more EA-ified with each release :(

I honestly don't believe that to be the case. 3 is still my favourite entry, despite it's ending. I think each game (discounting Andromeda entirely) just became more streamlined with each release. They became more about the central plot and characters then expanding any one set of mechanics. Whether you think that's a good thing or not is largely subjective.

It's important not too confuse 'streamline' with 'accessible' and even more important to realise that neither are particularly bad.

I will say that with the release of Andromeda and its MANY similarities to Inquisition, EA probably wants to homogenise it's IP's to perhaps minimalize cost and potential risk. Though that's just when I sport my tin foil hat.

Soldato
I honestly don't believe that to be the case. 3 is still my favourite entry, despite it's ending. I think each game (discounting Andromeda entirely) just became more streamlined with each release. They became more about the central plot and characters then expanding any one set of mechanics. Whether you think that's a good thing or not is largely subjective.

It's important not too confuse 'streamline' with 'accessible' and even more important to realise that neither are particularly bad.

I will say that with the release of Andromeda and its MANY similarities to Inquisition, EA probably wants to homogenise it's IP's to perhaps minimalize cost and potential risk. Though that's just when I sport my tin foil hat.

I still prefer the old ME1 style of breaking things down to omnigel. The rpg element of 3 is far too simple IMO. I do like the fact that ME:A has brought the inventory system back (even if it's clunky) but I do hate that you can only manage the squad's skill points and not their weapons or armour. I loved having my whole squad kitted out with Colossus X and Master Spectre Gear in ME1; it was so badass.

Permabanned
I still prefer the old ME1 style of breaking things down to omnigel. The rpg element of 3 is far too simple IMO. I do like the fact that ME:A has brought the inventory system back (even if it's clunky) but I do hate that you can only manage the squad's skill points and not their weapons or armour. I loved having my whole squad kitted out with Colossus X and Master Spectre Gear in ME1; it was so badass.

Ahhh see, we're at two entirely different ends of player spectrum for the series I think. Whenever I replay 1-3, I really struggle with getting though the original precisely for the reasons you enjoy it. I would happily skip it if it didn't have such important plot points.

That's one of the reasons why I'll most likely just give up on Andromeda. Too much faffing about with inventories, base management and general side quests and not enough solid story. Only one game has managed to combine all aspects of it's design to make one big cohesive log of joy and that's The Witcher 3, imo.

Soldato
Ahhh see, we're at two entirely different ends of player spectrum for the series I think. Whenever I replay 1-3, I really struggle with getting though the original precisely for the reasons you enjoy it. I would happily skip it if it didn't have such important plot points.

That's one of the reasons why I'll most likely just give up on Andromeda. Too much faffing about with inventories, base management and general side quests and not enough solid story. Only one game has managed to combine all aspects of it's design to make one big cohesive log of joy and that's The Witcher 3, imo.

Yeah I love games where you can mess around with inventories/equipment when you can't be bothered to go out on a quest. I always play ME, Skyrim etc. for those reasons. Standard FPS games bore me. I'm only recently playing return to wolfenstein and that it is so unbelievably dull.

Caporegime
:D

I would love to see what the feedback would be like for the witcher 4 if it was of the same quality as this, I actually think the internet would implode :D

Soldato
I just burst out laughing everytime I see someones face, or a clip from the game. It's downright embarrassing. Have I played it? Er, question should be do I WANT to play it or laugh at the mess Bioware have become. The more clips I see, the more I can't stop laughing.

Associate
Does anyone else have the banter bug? You may have it and not know!

Your squad mates on foot - are supposed to talk. A LOT. Quips and conversations all over the place.
I've not had a single iteration of it, two full planets of complete silence. They talk in the nomad, but not on foot.

Soldato
Does anyone else have the banter bug? You may have it and not know!

Your squad mates on foot - are supposed to talk. A LOT. Quips and conversations all over the place.
I've not had a single iteration of it, two full planets of complete silence. They talk in the nomad, but not on foot.

How strange. Exactly the same as Dragon Age Inquisition.....

Unbelievable!

Soldato
He hasn't got a clue thats why..
Hardly lmao given I am a massive fan of the trilogy.

ME1 had strong RPG elements, and a lot of that was removed for the 2nd installment. In addition our bumblebee enemies, the Collectors were absolutely rubbish and a lot of the characters weren't all that memorable. ME2 sorted itself by the end though.

Back
Top Bottom