Oh god, ive been ebayed...

Soldato
I'd also be contacting blizzard, most people use similar usernames etc, you'll either be able to find out if he has redeemed it or get it cancelled and get a new code possibly?

Worth a try but at a guess he's used the code and it was fine and he reckons theres no way you can prove that. People are stupid.

Caporegime
eBay sold my debt of 40 quid to a collection agency that pestered me daily with letters and calls.

This was a long time ago but I'm sure they will follow up for 1000s of pounds eventually.

Soldato
eBay sold my debt of 40 quid to a collection agency that pestered me daily with letters and calls.

This was a long time ago but I'm sure they will follow up for 1000s of pounds eventually.

I assume you sent the letters back with not quite enough postage followed by an invoice for wasting your time? :p

Associate
You would be surprised how little that matters.

To put this in perspective, I sold a CPU on eBay once, sent it special delivery, the buyer left feedback claiming fast delivery. Then a few weeks later he complained (via eBay messages) he couldn't get it to work (surprisingly took him a few weeks to decide this), so he asked to return it which I agreed and asked him to send it back as per eBay rules. It never arrived and when I asked he said he had sent it in a 2nd class envelope, then opened an item not received case against me, which he won, because eBay.

When you say "It never arrived", do you mean in the time frame Ebay expected it to be delivered back to you? This is usually something like 3 weeks.

When people have sent things back to me and they never arrive within the time frame (Twice in my case), Ebay shut the case down, release the funds that are on hold in Paypal, and don't allow the buyer to leave feedback or anything else as far as I'm aware.

Sgarrista
Commissario
OP
Interesting call to ebay tonight.

As I listed it in trading cards rather than digital downloads, to fall under the ebay money back guarantee he has to return the item in the exact condition it was sent.

As he has scratched the card, and admitted it, he cant return it in the original condition, so ebay will have to side with me :)

Friday will tell, that is when I can ask them to close the return.

Soldato
Interesting call to ebay tonight.

As I listed it in trading cards rather than digital downloads, to fall under the ebay money back guarantee he has to return the item in the exact condition it was sent.

As he has scratched the card, and admitted it, he cant return it in the original condition, so ebay will have to side with me :)

Friday will tell, that is when I can ask them to close the return.

Hopefully case in your favor, message the little scrote and tell him nice try you ****** thanks for that sweet sweet 1g.

Caporegime
How can a card with a scratch off code not be classed as digital goods? Good luck, won't be the first time one eBay cs says one thing and another decides different on the case

Sgarrista
Commissario
OP
How can a card with a scratch off code not be classed as digital goods? Good luck, won't be the first time one eBay cs says one thing and another decides different on the case

The Warcraft TCG is actually that, a TCG, the loot cards are kind of a lucky bonus, but the card itself is still collectable.

Eg one of my tigers...

13511459_10206561363500321_1363168972_n.jpg

Associate
I remember buying a robot chicken pet for WoW years ago. Was worried about spending £20 and it not working. Wouldn't have guts to buy a tiger even if I could afford it. Feel free to send freebie one my way though if you have too many as some of us do still play it :)

Hopefully eBay side with you easily. These codes are far too easy to scam with.

Associate
And you chose to post this comment on a forum predominantly made up of PC gamers? You're not very intelligent, are you?

Well looking at the individual forum stats the PC games & console games forums number of posts in total does not even come close to general discussion. So it shows that people would rather talk about general life on these forums than gaming...

Back
Top Bottom