• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

SOME RYZEN 7 1700 OVERCLOCKING!

Associate
You have an identical setup to me, including the RAM. I can't get it booting at anything over 2666MHz either. These particular Vegeance LPX kits are dual rank Hynix sticks, which Ryzen has particular problems with right now. The key to getting faster memory to work seems to be newer single rank Samsung B-die kits, which are CL14 at 3200MHz. AMD do say that they're working on RAM compatibility though, so it might be the case that things will improve in the next couple of months.

Ah ok, I had a feeling that might be the case. I'll leave it as it is for the time being. Out of curiosity, what are your settings for 3.9GHz?

Soldato
Ah ok, I had a feeling that might be the case. I'll leave it as it is for the time being. Out of curiosity, what are your settings for 3.9GHz?
1.35V vcore and 1.15V SOC set manually along with level 2 LLC. Everything else is an auto, save for memory at 2666/1.35V.

Associate
Got two 1700 here. One China one Malaysia.

The China one does 3.7 @ 1.225 (Needs 1.3 for 3.8)
The Malaysia one does 3.8 @ 1.225 (Not pushed further and won't)

Realbench for hours and prime stable.

Not saying its origin makes a difference just my reference between the two. Both superb of course.

Associate

Not saying its origin makes a difference just my reference between the two. Both superb of course.

They are only packaged in them countries, chips all made in the same place.

Associate
Got my Taichi last night and put my system together. Seem to have hit a wall @3.8GHz, Vcore 1.35, VSOC 1.05, both LLC2.
Ram is this https://www.overclockers.co.uk/cors...hannel-kit-black-cmk16gx4m2b32-my-456-cs.html and doesnt seem to want to go any higher than 2666MHz. If I try to either increase the clockspeed or memory speed I get stuck in a boot loop where the system wont even load into Windows. Is this as good as it's going to get at the moment or has anyone got any other advice? Cooling the CPU with a Noctua NH-D14 so don't see temperatures as a problem.

I found this Tech City overclocking guide to work really well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52Tw-wcT7o4 He was using the taichi motherboard so I just used the same settings.

I have 4ghz on all cores stable at 1.38v with 3200mhz ram (1800x) (not fine tuned) I might try for 4.1 with a bit more time. All the p state values are in the header of the video for fine tuning.

Soldato

Why are you not pushing the chips further? I thought Ryzen had a 'safe up to' value of around 1.45v?

Associate
It's just really fast and cool at the moment. And it seems the volts really ramp up as you go higher for such little returns. Not ruling it out completely in the future but just really happy at the moment.

Associate
I found this Tech City overclocking guide to work really well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52Tw-wcT7o4 He was using the taichi motherboard so I just used the same settings.

I have 4ghz on all cores stable at 1.38v with 3200mhz ram (1800x) (not fine tuned) I might try for 4.1 with a bit more time. All the p state values are in the header of the video for fine tuning.

Thanks for sharing.
Using it as a reference (but not following it to the letter) I'm finalizing my 3.9Ghz P-states overclocking on my 1700X :cool:

Associate
Now able to run 3466mhz C16 on a Asus C6H, testing C14 at the moment. Can't get 3600mhz, can have it set in the bios but boots into Windows at a completely different speed, looks like 3466mhz is the best I can do for now, which is heading in the right direction :)

Soldato
Now able to run 3466mhz C16 on a Asus C6H, testing C14 at the moment. Can't get 3600mhz, can have it set in the bios but boots into Windows at a completely different speed, looks like 3466mhz is the best I can do for now, which is heading in the right direction :)

What are your settings for this?

Associate
What are your settings for this?
I'm still using the stock wraith cooler so I'm not pushing the cpu frequency yet, but settings are:

Cpu @ 3.5ghz, 27 x 130 bclk, 1.325v
CPU soc 1.15v
PLL 1.85v

Memory @ 3466, timings 14-15-15-15-35-1T
Voltage 1.4v

Been running this since this afternoon, run realbench and played ME:Andromeda for a couple of hours. Will see over the coming days with regards to long term stability but so far so good.

Associate
Evening all

Right a bit confused at the moment

I'm looking at getting the 1700 and a Taichi board and want 32gig of ram as i use Virtual machine a lot . But it appears not all ram works and then not to the full speed was looking at something like 3200MHz Dual Channel what’s recommended without having to mess around to much with it ?

Thank you.

Soldato
I think you mean single rank, not single channel.

Yes, I did. Thanks for correction. (Busy trying to get product updates on my QA website on the second data centre lol... it ain't playing ball and am quickly typing whilst I wait for it).

Thnkas for the reply so something like this would be a waste of time ?
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/team...nnel-kit-black-red-tdprd416g32-my-075-tg.html

Honestly I don't want to recommend a particular one, because it has been shown time and time again that manufacturers keep changing the chips memory and don't let the consumer know. I'm sure some of the guys can here can recommend a particular model. Also, look here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/commen...bdie_confusion_eg_on/?st=j0zuwh6g&sh=2ac3529a

P.s. try to get a quad kit instead of two duals, that way you can ensure you are getting the same chips and it is a matched set. (plus it might be slightly cheaper for the quad kit)

Back
Top Bottom