Nice pongs and gorgeous whiffs. The Aftershave thread!

Caporegime
i had a search but most of what I found was ancient so decided to start one. No doubt someone will link me to a thread which is only on page three or something, in which case I apologise.

Anyway, after finding a discount code (now expired) I decided to order some samples. Creed Aventus was out of stock which was a shame as I've heard it's lovely, but I ordered three 3ml samplers of Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille, Noir and Oud Wood. Anyone else have anything they like or can recommend? I'm nearly out of Armani Diamond rocks for men and still have a fair bit of Huge Boss Dark Blue left.

TS7

TS7

Soldato
All the perfumes you've mentioned are very nice, unique, well made with quality ingredients. However aside from Creed Aventus, the Tom Fords in your list are not universally wearable. I wouldn't wear them to work or to the shops. They're very much for certain occasions. But that's me, I actually categorise my perfumes depending on how they smell as to whether they're good for work, formal events, the weather, time of day etc.

A few random Recommendations:
Evening fragrance: YSL Nuit (black bottle)
Formal / Smartly Dressed: Creed Aventus, Dior Homme Intense
Summer Fragrance: Chanel Allure Sport, Versace Pour Homme, Dior Homme Sport
All round fragrance / can't go wrong: Bleu de Chanel

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Certainly don't plan on wearing them every day, I'd get a cheaper one for that. Any recommendations?

For cheap but safe/pleasant smelling I found that NEXT and the like have decent options for around the £10 mark. I tend to get one of those for everyday casual use, saving the expensive ones for more special occasions.

Soldato
All round fragrance / can't go wrong: Bleu de Chanel

That's my go to for most things, followed by Allure Homme Sport for an alternative

Got a bottle of something or other from Bodyshop for days when i'm working on site or not likely to be seeing anyone

Caporegime
I got given a couple of very nice but damn strong scents.

I have the aqua di pama colonia oud, which my brother got me for my bday last yr from Dubai. Seen it in John Lewis for about £170 for 100ml bottle.

The second one is the Armani Prive Rose d'arabie, 100ml which again sells for about £210 in John Lewis. My mum got me that bottle for about £150 in Abu Dhabi last month on her way back from Pakistan.

Strong smelling scents and last me a good day.

Soldato
Creed Aventus op. Women seem to go mad for it the amount of comments I get when wearing it compared to every other I have owned is ridiculous!
It's around £250 for the big bottle but there is a few sellers on eBay offering it far cheaper.
Other than that Bulgari or sauvage by Christian Dior

Soldato
Creed Aventus is my number 1 aftershave now, I'll wear it when going on dates, family meals and nights out etc.

I'll wear Blue jeans to work or CKIN2U, i have around 50 bottles on my shelf so whichever one i fancy wearing.

Soldato
It doesn't sound like it would be up there being almost a 'novelty' product, but the Bond aftershave (the original 'signature' one) has a lovely smell.

Back
Top Bottom