Picked up something new - and it's not British!

Soldato
Well guys and girls, I picked up a new toy last week.

3F0F48D6-99D0-4A72-8D74-CFEC49397DDB_zpsyfujwxa3.jpg

C6E202EE-2EDE-4321-89CB-4CC172B95347_zpswzofysgx.jpg

It's a Mazda 3 MPS, quite different to the MG Rover vehicles I'm used to.

Blimmin' quick, and fun too!
Hopefully it behaves. :)

Man of Honour
My brother has the 6 with a very similar engine I believe to that with stage 2 remap - pretty ridiculous performance for what it is.

Its kind of funny as if you drive the standard 3 or 6 the engine is kind of gutless and underwhelming while the MPS variants are quite the opposite.

Soldato
OP
Very true, it's a real rocket.
This one was only a cheapie as it's on 100k to see if I like the car itself - turns out it's pretty fully loaded with odd options like Cruise Control.

No idea on how these are staged - but it's got a silly FMIC, upgraded fuel pump, remap, stainless exhaust and a few other bits and pieces. :)

Associate
Had mine since October. Subjective i know, but i think of all the hot hatches this thing has it. Looks, performance, rarity. Mine is on a 59 plate, but only had 45k on it. Only on 52.5k now.

Every man and his dog has an ST, there's 3 within 300 yards of me. Think I've only ever seen 3 MPS 3's on the road. Everyone keeps doing head turns.

What colour?

Soldato
I've been looking at the 2nd gens recently for my next car purchase, but even the 1st gens still look smart.

Is that one lowered? Doesn't look stock height to me.

Think I need a couple more years NCB before I can insure one though.

Soldato
Tints look like film (aftermarket) rather than tinted glass, which is what you would get from the factory. The clear line around the edges on the rear glass is a dead giveaway :)

Can't type for toffee
Don
Nice to see another mps on the forum :) I'm in my 3rd 6mps now
Looks clean too.

What was it remapped with? Cobb/versatuner or something else? Do you know who mapped it? If it was total mps or bbr I'd be getting the map off straight away.

www.Mpsowners.co.uk

Get registered on the forum mate :)
Might even locate the old owner and get a bit more info on the car

Who was it that was spending a silly amount of money on a diseasel 3 trying to make it look like an mps?

Back
Top Bottom