Getting Married in June - Pre Nups / Advice

Associate
Hi all,

Getting married in June, looking at prenups as I have quite a bit of property that I want to keep if things go wrong.

Been together for 15 years, 2 kids, so I suppose I'm pretty *** swearing should be fully starred out, especially that word *** already but want to know if anyone here created pre-nups, or how I can put measures in to reducing the financial raping I will no doubt get.

SBK

Last edited by a moderator:
Caporegime
Wow! That's cold. You have kids and you're wanting to keep how much?

Yeah pre nup would never hold up.

I disapprove of this relationship

Caporegime
Oh come on, 15 years, 2 kids and you still have trust issues? Some times I can understand a prenup but this isn't one of them.

How is protecting ones assets a trust issue exactly? I wonder just how many men thought everything would be grand and are now faced with working till they're 67 or whatever because they didn't realise people can and do change over time.

Soldato
I've been with my OH over 16yrs now. Not married....

We've seen a number of long term (10+ yr) relationships end really quickly after getting married. It's as if "having" to stay together because of a piece of paper ruins the "wanting" to be together.

Soldato
Been together for 15 years, 2 kids, so I suppose I'm pretty **** already but want to know if anyone here created pre-nups, or how I can put measures in to reducing the financial raping I will no doubt get.

Prenups aren't legally binding nor enforceable in the UK, to stop people like you doing what you're trying to do. A divorce court will ensure she gets what she deserves.

Back
Top Bottom