• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Aorus RX 500 in the wild

Soldato
RX 480 is totally awesome card and because its GCN its performance only goes in one direction, faster and faster, more DX12 and Vulkan games on horizon is good for any GCN card.

We do not do such bundles, we just price the individual items aggressively and then you can put your own baskets together.

However I will suggest we make a value but hardcore gaming bundle for the un-educated such as R5 1500X + B350 + 8G 2666 + RX 480 and a R5 1600 + 370 + 16G 3000 + RX 480, there will be little to no discount, but it will come with setup guide and OC guide for those who wish to OC. :)

A unified solution. Something the other two cant offer.

Last edited:
Associate
sorry to hijack guys but i currently run an r9 380 will these 580 cards be worth upgrading to or should i skip it entirely. i only game at 1080p at present but may jump to 1440p in the near future (im happy with HD lol). i just want my card to handle games effortlessly.

Soldato
sorry to hijack guys but i currently run an r9 380 will these 580 cards be worth upgrading to or should i skip it entirely. i only game at 1080p at present but may jump to 1440p in the near future (im happy with HD lol). i just want my card to handle games effortlessly.

Of course we don't yet know the performance of the 580. But if it's just a clocked 480 then the answer will be no. The 480 is a 1080p card.

It will obviously work at 1440p but running games effortlessly at this res? Not with ultra settings.

I'm waiting for Vega to pair with a 1440p monitor. For comparison a 1080 is what I regard as a good 1440p card. (1070 if really on a budget)

So I'm hoping AMD can launch a 1080 performing Vega card at a cheaper price.

Associate
ah ok thanks for that. i was debating to go with nvidia but i cant justify the prices. i mean this 380 card runs games at respectable settings for me so maybe i should wait until i decide on a monitor before i decide about the card.

Soldato
ah ok thanks for that. i was debating to go with nvidia but i cant justify the prices. i mean this 380 card runs games at respectable settings for me so maybe i should wait until i decide on a monitor before i decide about the card.

Wait for Vega, before making any decisions at least your have the whole picture to make a decision on. If your on a budget than a 580 might be a nice card but at 1440p you wont be maxing games out. (If it's just a super clocked 480)

Associate
i am a bit worried about vega, this much silence after Ti and Titanxp, is not good news, AMD has absolutly no reason to hold back info now, unless they want to manage expectations.
the RX 580 need to pull a clear win off the 1060 for that, they need a 1500mhz base clock, with another 100mhz at least for overclock, otherwise it's meh...they need 15% improvement out of the box with another 10% off overclocking

Associate
i am a bit worried about vega, this much silence after Ti and Titanxp, is not good news, AMD has absolutly no reason to hold back info now, unless they want to manage expectations.
the RX 580 need to pull a clear win off the 1060 for that, they need a 1500mhz base clock, with another 100mhz at least for overclock, otherwise it's meh...they need 15% improvement out of the box with another 10% off overclocking

Mostly agree, however their marketing has never been perfect. This is one of the things that is keeping my hopes up, as well as what we've seen of how Ryzen performs alongside AMD cards.

Soldato

Every reviewer on the planet seems to forget that the 10 series nvidia cards will overclock themselves to near max and so when comparing to the rx family they will leave both running stock but the fact is that the 10xx doesnt really ever run stock(advertised clocks speeds on the box) . I mean 1266-1303mhz of the rx 480 vs a 1060 boosting to around 2ghz with almost no headroom left and the rx 480 still takes a good amount of wins and ties. Now imagen another 150 atleast on the core and that 1060 will start to look really sad in titles that have good performance on AMD hardware while going tie in gameworks sponsered titles and you can already get that from the better brands through OC.

It is of my humble opinion that the 580 will force a refresh of the 1060 in the form of the 1060ti and im certain nvidia will do this(name is of course not something im certain off). Im sort of hoping for sli fingers on it too cause that has been the biggest flaw of the 1060 and below imho. Going to be interesting to see if im wrong or right or sorta right :p.

Soldato
OP
Every reviewer on the planet seems to forget that the 10 series nvidia cards will overclock themselves to near max and so when comparing to the rx family they will leave both running stock but the fact is that the 10xx doesnt really ever run stock(advertised clocks speeds on the box) . I mean 1266-1303mhz of the rx 480 vs a 1060 boosting to around 2ghz with almost no headroom left and the rx 480 still takes a good amount of wins and ties. Now imagen another 150 atleast on the core and that 1060 will start to look really sad in titles that have good performance on AMD hardware while going tie in gameworks sponsered titles and you can already get that from the better brands through OC.

It is of my humble opinion that the 580 will force a refresh of the 1060 in the form of the 1060ti and im certain nvidia will do this(name is of course not something im certain off). Im sort of hoping for sli fingers on it too cause that has been the biggest flaw of the 1060 and below imho. Going to be interesting to see if im wrong or right or sorta right :p.

All they'll have to do is release a 1070 with faster ram and drop pricing of standard ram. Nothing stopping then from even adding GDDR5X to the 1070 for a "Ti" version as it still will be behind the 1080 a bit and again, drop price of standard 1070 and leave 1060 were it is

---

---

Associate
Im not upgrading now till a graphics card is capable of UHD Gaming and doing good. I'm happy as there isn't any reason for me to do 1080p upgrades and don't like scraping by on 1440p.

---

---

Associate
So gaming at 1080p till the same kind of performance is available with UHD hopefully Vega is decent but I'm not sure weather to skip it. At least it will be a exciting time :).

Caporegime
AMD Radeon RX 500 Series Including RX 580, RX 570, RX 560 and RX 550 Launching on 18th April – XFX Custom Models Pictured Too

http://wccftech.com/amd-radeon-rx-580-570-560-550-launch-18-april/

AMD Radeon RX 580 / 570 EU suggested retail pricing

Just bear in mind that those are suggested retail prices, which will certainly be higher for custom/overclocked models. Also, there’s no trace of any reference card as of yet, so it may be very hard to find RX 500 listed at those prices (especially the RX 570).

Prices include VAT, which is around 20% for EU (depending on a country). I could convert this to USD, but I figured it may not be accurate, so I will leave that to you.

AMD’s Suggested Retail Pricing for Radeon RX 500 in Europe:

• AMD Radeon RX 580 8GB: 269 EUR
  • AMD Radeon RX 580 4GB: 239 EUR
  • AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB: 199 EUR

https://videocardz.com/newz/amd-radeon-rx-580-570-eu-suggested-retail-pricing

Back
Top Bottom