Poll: ** The iPhone 7 and 7 Plus Thread **

Which colour iPhone 7 or 7 Plus are you going for?

• Jet Black (gloss)

Votes: 84 12.9%
  • Black

Votes: 207 31.8%
  • Silver

Votes: 30 4.6%
  • Gold

Votes: 11 1.7%
  • Rose Gold

Votes: 7 1.1%
  • I wanted one, but the lack of headphone jack is a deal breaker

Votes: 76 11.7%
  • I'm not buying one

Votes: 236 36.3%

• Total voters
Man of Honour
I see, interesting. Also do you mind me asking what do you use your imac for over your PC ? I also have a PC and an Imac, the imac never gets turned on - I guess its a bit of an older spec but nothing to bad (27" i7, 16gb SSD etc), I guess also the software I want works on PC better, I do have my macbook air which I use a lot, but mostly for browsing the next and super light portable device.
I simply do not like Windows now, all the stupid notifications, the little things that it does that annoy me that never seem to be fixed. Like printing and scanning only seems to work every 4 times or so I try it from Windows, from my iPhone or either Mac it works every time. There's other little annoyances as well and I really don't like Windows 10 privacy, the way it installs drivers whenever it feels like it and even running local GPOs does nothing to hinder it. I've only got the Windows computer for gaming so that's the only time it ever gets turned on. Everything is done on my iMac or MacBook on the move. If I wasn't in the Apple eco system I'd probably run Mint or another flavour of Linux for daily duties. Don't get me started on backups or the fact that even now Windows backup is complete tosh and not a patch on Time Machine (which itself is way overdue an overhaul, hurry up APFS with snapshots!).

Last edited:
Soldato
If that's brutal you're going to run out of superlatives pretty quickly.

Yeah its obviously extremely different - I know your an apple fan but, objectively talking pure science, all emotion or loyalty removed - how much in terms of a % is the v20 compared in image quality?

Id say if the Iphone was 100% 'image quality' the v20 is easily 50% more clear in THIS low light situation, there is bags of noise and softness in the door as well, its (comparatively) crystal clear on the v20.

Day light there isn't as much in it at all, its just different colour processing then, but as soon as the sunlight goes the IQ on the v20 is easily way ahead or 50% better easily, objective image anaylsys in your response - talking only about the photo not what you think of me as a person - image quality however IS subjective, but there is NO denying how much clearer it is, if you say its hardly any different then our conversation is over because EVIDENTLY (i.e. what we can see FOR REAL), the v20 is slaying it.

Soldato
Yeah its obviously extremely different - I know your an apple fan but, objectively talking pure science, all emotion or loyalty removed - how much in terms of a % is the v20 compared in image quality?

Id say if the Iphone was 100% 'image quality' the v20 is easily 50% more clear in THIS low light situation, there is bags of noise and softness in the door as well, its (comparatively) crystal clear on the v20.

Day light there isn't as much in it at all, its just different colour processing then, but as soon as the sunlight goes the IQ on the v20 is easily way ahead or 50% better easily, objective image anaylsys in your response - talking only about the photo not what you think of me as a person - image quality however IS subjective, but there is NO denying how much clearer it is, if you say its hardly any different then our conversation is over because EVIDENTLY (i.e. what we can see FOR REAL), the v20 is slaying it.

Obviously an apple fan lol.. I think you might be surprised who I work for :)

I can see the V20 is better, I'm just saying I don't think that is anywhere near the difference you're suggesting is all, and the price is you have to put up with an LG phone that was widely reviewed with a "meh" iirc

Soldato
I simply do not like Windows now, all the stupid notifications, the little things that it does that annoy me that never seem to be fixed. Like printing and scanning only seems to work every 4 times or so I try it from Windows, from my iPhone or either Mac it works every time. There's other little annoyances as well and I really don't like Windows 10 privacy, the way it installs drivers whenever it feels like it and even running local GPOs does nothing to hinder it. I've only got the Windows computer for gaming so that's the only time it ever gets turned on. Everything is done on my iMac or MacBook on the move. If I wasn't in the Apple eco system I'd probably run Mint or another flavour of Linux for daily duties. Don't get me started on backups or the fact that even now Windows backup is complete tosh and not a patch on Time Machine (which itself is way overdue an overhaul, hurry up APFS with snapshots!).

Yeah fair play on all those points, I agree with the OS platform.

My issue is I do photos/video full time and there simply isn't a powerful enough mac out there :(

I have hacked my windows to stop updating, stop spying and remove most of the **** from it - but now iv done that its not to bad, but yes it took time and effort! I wish adobe would work well on OSX and also apple had power user hard ware - I hear there is a new mac pro in the works though so you never know.

Man of Honour
You can buy an old Mac Pro tower and throw in some Xeon's but single thread performance still won't be as good as Kaby Lake. Agreed though, for power users the current Mac Pro's are hideously overpriced compared to say HP Z480 series workstations and the iMac's just don't have enough grunt. I only really use Lightroom and iMovie for 1080p GoPro footage to it suits me.

Man of Honour
OP
iPhone cameras often hold up much better in real world use than the competition. You can frame shots better on rival phones but for point and shoot the iPhone always holds its own.

Man of Honour
I like the camera on mine but I do admit it struggles in low light (7+).

I love the new dual camera thing though, interested to see the iPhone 8 because I'll be ordering it once it's out.

Soldato
iPhone cameras often hold up much better in real world use than the competition. You can frame shots better on rival phones but for point and shoot the iPhone always holds its own.

More of a thing in the past. Latest Samsung phones do just as well with point and shoot, similar with the Pixel. Things are just getting a bit boring now so people will nitpick, for the most part there all about the same now days. All excellent cameras with solid software. Just the small differences that you see on higher end camera like the white balance, and some might have a bit higher contrast levels.

Soldato
It's the little things, like I lost my phone, went to Apple and bought a new one, then restored exactly to where my lost phone was when it last backed up with minimal fuss. I take a pic or video and there it is on my iMac and MacBook. I can do a phone call trough my iMac using my phone, every year I don't have to compare specs with other phones and dodge Samsung (who I dislike as a company, Touchwiz notwithstanding), I just buy whatever the next iPhone is.

I had iPhone till the 4S and then went Android for years up to the Nexus 5 and since coming back to iPhone my life is just simpler. I don't care for customising etc, I just want my phone to turn on and work out of the box without minimal fuss. Most of my mates who have Android keep banging on at me with specs this, specs that, my phone can do this etc. I largely couldn't give a toss, it amuses me to be honest at how desperate they are to try and convince me that I'm an idiot for buying an iPhone.

The restore thing Android does, the video and picture upload to the cloud Android does so those arguments are moot. Likewise the who being easy to use - Android is the easiest thing ever to just use as standard.
Preferring Apple is fine but at least state some valid points ;)

Man of Honour
The restore thing Android does, the video and picture upload to the cloud Android does so those arguments are moot. Likewise the who being easy to use - Android is the easiest thing ever to just use as standard.
Preferring Apple is fine but at least state some valid points ;)
Restore on Android is not a patch on iCloud, at least not the last time I used it so not really a moot point. The last I checked, to get anywhere near the level of iCloud backups and restore you have to root your device and use a third party application. I personally find iOS easier/simpler to use. I think my points are perfectly valid, especially as you only pick up on two of them.

Soldato
Restore on Android is not a patch on iCloud, at least not the last time I used it so not really a moot point. The last I checked, to get anywhere near the level of iCloud backups and restore you have to root your device and use a third party application. I personally find iOS easier/simpler to use. I think my points are perfectly valid, especially as you only pick up on two of them.

Signing into my samsung account on my S7 is the same as signing into my iCloud account on my I7, pictures, messages and everything else gets synced :) Sometimes the extra bloat samsung chucks at people ain't too bad.

Man of Honour
Signing into my samsung account on my S7 is the same as signing into my iCloud account on my I7, pictures, messages and everything else gets synced :) Sometimes the extra bloat samsung chucks at people ain't too bad.

Including app data such as games progress? As in a full on carbon copy restore? Is that with every Android phone?

What I remember of my Nexus is that it would sign in, download the apps and pics, but no app progress was stored and a lot of the time it would crap out half way through.

I don't know about Samsung phones as I'd never have one, but I know when my housemate switched from a Note 2 to a S7 he lost everything as something got mucked up in the transfer.

Soldato
Game progress? That gets saved to the Google play account as far as I know, 'play games' or something :)
Think the samsung account saves my biometric sign in I use for web pages as well.
Maybe not 100% as good as iCloud but not really far off at all these days.

Man of Honour
Good to hear it seems to have come on somewhat, but I'm firmly in the Apple Eco system now and can't say I have any inclination of going back to Android. Hell, even my Android HU in my DC5 annoys me.

Back
Top Bottom