Formula Boinc 2017

Soldato
made a new account and it worked? inaway I set up the other server and after 2 hours of swearing I am going to have to buy another wifi adapter as i can not get a shared connection via ether net, it must be operating system related because if i share the internet on my main pc with win 7 it works Ethernet to Ethernet on a server, yet server to server with win 8.1 on it doesn't.

should i be stuck on 17% though? i mean it might just stay at 17% then shoot to 100 when its completed right?

PDW

PDW

Associate
I think when it's new they do jump around and once it gets settled the percentages get reported better.

Glad you got them going :)

Soldato
it works, that's all im interested in lol. its on the shed floor but when im off work ill build a shelf and fasten it down and zip tie all the cables up , im on PAYG electric key, best top it up before I head of to work hahaha

ive asked some of the lads from the pogs challenge if the fancy another battle. lets see how well ocuk can do! :D

Last edited:
Soldato
seems a and tech took notice of my dirty set up lmao :D

https://forums.anandtech.com/threads/formulaboinc.2500571/page-10

asked Ba if he fancys running any of his machines on this and hes switch a 48 core xeon over :)

also figured out why when I use an Ethernet between the 2 system and either share the wifi or bridge connections it drops the internet, because by default the system goes for what its thinks is the best connection , which is the Ethernet, but really there is no net as I was using the Ethernet to bridge the systems, I had to reduce the metric value of the wifi connection to 1 so it forces this to keep connected, I was thenable to bridge a connection. I can keep an eye on both systems a lot easier now!

Last edited:

PDW

PDW

Associate
Cool :cool:

Yes, some just run a couple of seconds and you get no credit for them !

This is going to be fun :D

Soldato
it will be if all the old timers ive messaged switch over :D:D

after a night shift im off to bed now both systems are running without any problems ( touch wood )

hope to see some more members joined up when I wake up ( hopefull )

Last edited:

PDW

PDW

Associate
When you wake up you need to check why you aren't reporting any results from those 'new' systems !
Also they are talking about you again and trying to crush our spirit :eek:
But at the same time talking themselves into just getting a bronze medal :D

Associate
Oh, I wouldn't say I was talking us into a Bronze. We are just well aware we are taking on what should be a superior team, and would be thrilled to place well enough to maintain our lead over AMD Users in the Marathon.

As for crushing your spirit, I have to admit it's far more satisfying to be crushing you in entirety. :D

wbxro4.jpg

Ok, enough banter. I just wanted to stop in and say hello, and to congratulate you from recovering from a bit of a slow start.

Formula BOINC has never been much fun, but these Sprints were a brilliant idea! And it's good to meet some new IT nutters. ;)

Not one single toe is in this picture, enameled or otherwise. ;)
2nr34oo.jpg

Last edited:

PDW

PDW

Associate
</turn off intruder alert>
</ignore banter>

Hi and welcome :)

Congratulations on a well framed photo, looks like you play a mean game of Tetris :D

Now for the love of all that is OCD in this world can you please get those post-it numbers in some sort of logical order :eek:

Associate
Message received with regards to Numberfields, I'm on it. Sorry not been around much dual system still resets on a regular basis so its been idle a long time. Working again so busy busy with other stuff.

Associate
The better question would be how hard is it to rename the machines so that I could then move the post it notes to a more logical order. ;)

Oh, boy, one MOAB and another power user to fend off.

Back
Top Bottom