*** Show us your bikes! ***

Associate
First bike? These seem massively underpowered for a 650, 67bhp?

Pretty much the same power as the ER6-F it replaces.

Similar to every other 650cc V-Twin commuter bike.

SV650 has around the same BHP as the ER6

67 bhp is more than enough for commuting. The torque is fantastic, it's smooth for a twin.
And no not my first bike. Had a Bandit 650 before it, nice and smooth on the motorway but handled like a aircraft Carrier due to the weight.

I ride a 64bhp Versys 650 and it is more than enough for commuting and not only that, took me touring as far as Romania and back. Yes it was my first bike and yes I'm looking at 1000cc+ bikes now but I would not consider such bikes 'underpowered'.

Man of Honour
I ride a 64bhp Versys 650 and it is more than enough for commuting and not only that, took me touring as far as Romania and back. Yes it was my first bike and yes I'm looking at 1000cc+ bikes now but I would not consider such bikes 'underpowered'.
I currently ride a 179bhp bike but I'd very happily have another 67bhp SV650 for touring the alps on.

It's a good amount of power for use on the road.

Man of Honour
Every now and then when spending more time on the web than I should I end up hankering for a bike with some big power, then I take the SV out reach triple figures without really noticing and think actually I'm still having fun and no where near as dead on this.

If I rode purely for fun I'd definitely want something that was a bit more of an occasion to ride but for 365 day a year transport and fun it's perfect.

Soldato
Every now and then when spending more time on the web than I should I end up hankering for a bike with some big power, then I take the SV out reach triple figures without really noticing and think actually I'm still having fun and no where near as dead on this.

If I rode purely for fun I'd definitely want something that was a bit more of an occasion to ride but for 365 day a year transport and fun it's perfect.
I feel totally the same, I also feel like the bike is quicker than me, hence why it's staying :)

Soldato
I feel the same with my SV. I do find that sometimes I do want a bit more power, but then again I think for my next bike i'll get something like a Tuono or something with a nice riding position, but also fast :D

About this time last year I was genuinely looking for my next bike, being a CB1000R or an SV1000, something around 130bhp, and I don't know, I looked at it in a J&S car park, with lots of pretty bikes there and thought to myself... 'mine is the best looking here...'. Now of course, that's all subjective, but it was all that mattered to me :p and let's be serious, 70bhp on a 200kg bike is plenty power :p

Associate
I currently ride a 179bhp bike but I'd very happily have another 67bhp SV650 for touring the alps on.

It's a good amount of power for use on the road.

Hehe I was going to say similar. 175bhp is more than enough for commuting :p. I used to have a fair bit of fun on my SV650S. I'd like to take one out again some time and see if my 9 year old memories are in any way accurate.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
I was thinking about the love for the SV some people have, I think its flaws along with the fun little V-Twin create that riding experience that you don't get on more modern advance bikes. Wobbly suspension, low powered engine and its agility is what makes the SV650 a fun bike.

I learned a lot since May on the SV, I've done nearly 14k on it now though. Getting slightly bored now... :p

Edit:

The SV has nearly 74bhp BTW...

Soldato
I was thinking about the love for the SV some people have, I think its flaws along with the fun little V-Twin create that riding experience that you don't get on more modern advance bikes. Wobbly suspension, low powered engine and its agility is what makes the SV650 a fun bike.

I learned a lot since May on the SV, I've done nearly 14k on it now though. Getting slightly bored now... :p

Edit:

The SV has nearly 74bhp BTW...
You've done 14k on it since owning or that's what's on the speedo?

Back
Top Bottom