ROG CROSSHAIR VI HERO

Associate
So i tried the bracket today and it will not fit as there is no supplied backplate and the holes on the one with the motherboard do not match up.

So how have you guys got it to work?

Soldato
So i tried the bracket today and it will not fit as there is no supplied backplate and the holes on the one with the motherboard do not match up.

The NZXT kit is the same as the Corsair one:
The backplate is on the mobo, just unscrew the 4 screws that hold the two plastic bits on around the CPU socket and put the standoffs where the screws kame out into the backplate. It’s the same process as AM3, just different bits.

Associate

Matches up fine, leave the self-adhesive metal backplate on the motherboard. Use the new fitting ring on the pump/block. Screw the stand-mounts on to the backplate that came on your board already, the thicker shrouded end. Place block and ring assmbly over the screw threads you're left with, then just screw on top nuts.

Associate
what sort of temps is people getting I'm running 3.9 clock using a corsair 110 aio and I'm getting 59-60s ,bios is 082 and ram is running @3200 do I need to offset something in bios

Soldato
what sort of temps is people getting I'm running 3.9 clock using a corsair 110 aio and I'm getting 59-60s ,bios is 082 and ram is running @3200 do I need to offset something in bios

Which processor?

I am only running at stock 3.2 with stock cooler (1700). Idles at 30C and gets to 66C max when benching before the cooler drags it down to 57C ish. I use the silent fan profiles. I thought the 20C offset on the x processor was history though and fixed (not sure).

Associate
My 1700x sits between 45-55 at idle and full load (Tctl) on HWiNfo, from what I've read the offset changes so this value is basically made up (I think it can be 0/10 or 20 offset). The Tdie value at idle is 27-36 and at load is 50-60ish (real bench 6 hours of BF1).

I have reseated my cpu cooler 4 times using different compounds and the temp is always within a couple of degrees so I have given up trying to figure out the real temp. As long as its not on fire ill leave it for now.

Back
Top Bottom