• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3/SC2 iCX Preorder 3.28.2017

LHM

LHM

Associate
cancelled my EVGA FTW3 pre-order. A PC retailer online has just emailed me to say they have stock of the Gigabyte Aorus Extreme's in stock so Ive jumped on it and ordered one. Will arrive tomorrow.

Soldato
cancelled my EVGA FTW3 pre-order. A PC retailer online has just emailed me to say they have stock of the Gigabyte Aorus Extreme's in stock so Ive jumped on it and ordered one. Will arrive tomorrow.

hopefully when reviews come out, will show Aorus runs cooler, faster and quieter :D or at least doesn't catch fire... hehe

Associate
If that article is right, there'll be a Volta card by the end of June this year, i.e. a 3-4 month gap between the 1080 Ti and the first Volta. But remember that the first Maxwell card also came out 3 months after the 780 Ti, and it was the 750 Ti. The first Volta card wouldn't even come close to beating the GTX 1070, let alone the 1080 Ti, and it definitely wouldn't be a GTX 2080.

Thing is if sales are down they will be under pressure to release new products when available. Need to keep the share holders happy!

So could be a card in Summer!

Associate
I did say I hope it's not true. Please go away. I just called EVGA myself and they said it they only have US release dates ATM. They have no date for EU members.

We all know you have a major downer for EVGA, I've spoken to EVGA today and my pre order is still set for 1st May. You cancelled yours anyway so what difference does it make?

Soldato
OP
We all know you have a major downer for EVGA, I've spoken to EVGA today and my pre order is still set for 1st May. You cancelled yours anyway so what difference does it make?

It's my sons preorder. He hasn't cancelled yet. We can find a MSI gaming x and gigabyte aorus but he really wants FTW3. I said go for gaming x?

V F

V F

Soldato
So, anybody hear any updates on the FTW3's??

The silence is deafening! Dont we have a rep on here?
Hasn't changed but yeah there is. 1st of May onwards but I had to find out from another shop all the dimensions of the card.

Caporegime
I'd say go for it. I'm hearing on the EVGA forums that FTW3 preorders are being pushed back. US perorders are getting priority over UK/EU members? I hope this isn't true.

Well it happened with the 1080 cards. EVGA were shipping 50s and 100s to the States and ocuk were getting ones and twos. In fact some places in the states even had surplus stock long before ocuk got all their pre orders.

Caporegime
If that article is right, there'll be a Volta card by the end of June this year, i.e. a 3-4 month gap between the 1080 Ti and the first Volta. But remember that the first Maxwell card also came out 3 months after the 780 Ti, and it was the 750 Ti. The first Volta card wouldn't even come close to beating the GTX 1070, let alone the 1080 Ti, and it definitely wouldn't be a GTX 2080.

Depends. Volta "potentially" from Nvidias charts could be 50% faster than the Pascal series like for like. How fast would a 2050 be if it was 50% faster than a 1050? Probably still not fast enough to get over a 1080/ti but fast enough to realise your 1080/ti is about to plummet in value ;)

Last edited:

V F

V F

Soldato
Depends. Volta "potentially" from Nvidias charts could be 50% faster than the Pascal series like for like. How fast would a 2080 be if it was 50% faster than a 1050? Probably still not fast enough to get over a 1080/ti but fast enough to realise your 1080/ti is about to plummet in value ;)

Stock market has proven you'll lose your value in that as well. Silly game to play to think get into high end cards for investment value.

Back
Top Bottom