Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming K7 Where are they?

Soldato
is this a decent motherboard? I'm considering one for my ryzen 1700x upgrade.

It's a very well put together motherboard. Build quality is excellent. BIOS is a bit "meh" it seems, interface isn't great and some of the mobo apps are a little clunky. On the positive side, really no issues with it, quite robust.

Soldato
Mixed feelings about this board. Physical quality seems good but the utilities and BIOS are just junk. BIOS seems pretty simple with a real lack of tweaking. The utilities are badly written. A couple of times now I've rebooted to find lighting has changed and some settings have been forgotten, like memory speed has dropped. In one case it looked like it was using the backup BIOS as it was reporting an old version! Now I'm finding that despite being on F3 BIOS version I'm no longer seeing the XMP profile option for memory that I used to!

Soldato
Board now completely dead, managed to boot into backup BIOS once but since then nothing. Was hoping to flash main BIOS with backup but now it simply won't post in any manner.

Avoid. Seems like a really poor board.

Soldato
Board now completely dead, managed to boot into backup BIOS once but since then nothing. Was hoping to flash main BIOS with backup but now it simply won't post in any manner.

not sure if the AM4 versions have the option to hold down power button for 15 seconds to kick back to the 2nd bios- unless you were already using this method

guessing you've pulled CMOS bat out aswell? might help might not but least you've covered all the steps

Soldato

Switched the dip switch to use the backup bios ?

Removed power + batrt and reset bios jumper ?

Associate
Mixed feelings about this board. Physical quality seems good but the utilities and BIOS are just junk. BIOS seems pretty simple with a real lack of tweaking. The utilities are badly written. A couple of times now I've rebooted to find lighting has changed and some settings have been forgotten, like memory speed has dropped. In one case it looked like it was using the backup BIOS as it was reporting an old version! Now I'm finding that despite being on F3 BIOS version I'm no longer seeing the XMP profile option for memory that I used to!

I read somewhere it does not have Xmp profiles that's why I asked in a previous post.

Did you overclock anything before you started having the issues?

Soldato
Switched the dip switch to use the backup bios ?

Removed power + batrt and reset bios jumper ?

not sure if the AM4 versions have the option to hold down power button for 15 seconds to kick back to the 2nd bios- unless you were already using this method

guessing you've pulled CMOS bat out aswell? might help might not but least you've covered all the steps

Yup, thanks for the suggestions folks, tried all options at this point. I can get it to boot into backup BIOS providing I switch from dual to single BIOS with the dip switch. I'm unable to flash the main BIOS into a working state and the backup BIOS will not allow me to select any sort of boot drive.

I read somewhere it does not have Xmp profiles that's why I asked in a previous post.

Did you overclock anything before you started having the issues?

Yeah, it's funny because I've seen the option in the BIOS on multiple times (and used it and it worked, it's how I got my memory happily running at 2933Mhz!) but it's hit and miss whether it's there or not. This points to a dodgy BIOS flash of some kind.

I'm RMA'ing it and going for the MSI X370 Carbon instead. I simply cannot recommend this board, even if it worked well the BIOS and utilities are just so so poor, imho. I've not seen such crud from a mobo manufacturer for a fair while.

Associate
I've got the same motherboard not used it yet I'll let you know how it goes.

I think something must have gone wrong when you flashed the bios, did you doing it from USB or from within Windows

Soldato
I left the board for over a day and then tried powering it on again just for giggles (no changes). Amazingly, it successfully booted into the backup BIOS. Previously I've been unable to then flash the BIOS again at this point but it recognised by USB drive for once (hasn't until now) and thus I flashed it! This now has me up and running again with a good backup BIOS. Still, my opinion on the board has not changed. Seems I'm not the only one experiencing some funky issues with it, fair few in here too: http://www.overclock.net/t/1625822/gigabyte-ga-ax370-gaming-k7-discussion/570

Soldato
on a side note seems everyone is making life hard for them selves with RAM timings and speed of just hitting default in bios and then entering new speeds. Have to default and save , exit then return and enter ram settings you want . Guessing from using intel so much but should have been common practice- know its not the issue you had but if anyone reads this - default, save and reboot if you have to tweak something with Ryzen, pain but helps and just write stuff down

@FirebarUK , check out Kitguru and OC3D for reviews on the carbon if you do change and specially with memory kits that you would be using

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom