• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Thread**

Associate
I ordered Zotac AE :) Just got email from DPD, it will be delivered tomorrow. This is the 2nd batch of those cards that Gibbo mentioned before Easter. First batch before Easter had 5 cards, this week's 2nd batch was suppose to have 10. I called last week and CS told me I'm in this batch and sure enough turned out to be correct. Finally, it took 'only' 5 weeks this time around ;) Last year's 1080 fiasco took over 6 weeks for me to get my EVGA FTW so I told myself this year, never again. Suffice to say I'm happy with my choice especially after the reviews. Not planning to go under water with it, so as far as 'air' cooling and noise is concerned, I'm happy. Will report back when it's here and how it performs :) Keep your fingers crossed it's all right with no coil whine etc.

If it's anything like mine you won't hear any coil whine ;)

Associate
I ordered Zotac AE :) Just got email from DPD, it will be delivered tomorrow. This is the 2nd batch of those cards that Gibbo mentioned before Easter. First batch before Easter had 5 cards, this week's 2nd batch was suppose to have 10. I called last week and CS told me I'm in this batch and sure enough turned out to be correct. Finally, it took 'only' 5 weeks this time around ;) Last year's 1080 fiasco took over 6 weeks for me to get my EVGA FTW so I told myself this year, never again. Suffice to say I'm happy with my choice especially after the reviews. Not planning to go under water with it, so as far as 'air' cooling and noise is concerned, I'm happy. Will report back when it's here and how it performs :) Keep your fingers crossed it's all right with no coil whine etc.

When did you preorder? I assume you ordered from OCUK? Just interested cause I'm waiting on a Zotac AE that I ordered on the 10th of March and I've heard nothing about it being shipped yet. :(

Associate
Well yes of course from OCUK ;) I ordered on the 11th of March.. Best call CS and talk to them! I actually checked my orders page first before I got the email.. Maybe it's on it's way and you don't know!?

Soldato
Would only go upto 1924MHz, tried a reviewers settings and it kept crashing. Think i'm sending this back.

leave volts at 0 unless using a custom voltage curve. Set power-limit to maximum and fan profile to 100% and see what the card chooses to boost to when running unigine superposition. On my card it will crash if i touch voltage unless i use a custom voltage curve.

Associate
Well yes of course from OCUK ;) I ordered on the 11th of March.. Best call CS and talk to them! I actually checked my orders page first before I got the email.. Maybe it's on it's way and you don't know!?

I'll have to give CS a call tomorrow as ive got no DPD email and when I look at my account it doesn't shows my order as shipped. As you can imagine im pretty frustrated to hear someone who ordered after me has a card being shipped to them. That said, I bet you are chomping at the bit to get your delivery. I'm sure it'll be a awesome card!!

Associate
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/zota...s-graphics-card-zt-p10810d-10p-gx-10e-zt.html

Is the card above a good GPU for the price or should I be spending more? All I would like is a good out of the box card with decent temperatures, performance and fps in games. I just don't want to be throwiing loads of money on a card then regretting my decision as that card doesn't hold up well against the competition.

Is the AMP Extreme miles better than the AMP Edition? Also never owned a Zotac card which worries me a little bit.

Or am I best going with the more pricey Gigabyte Aorus, Asus Rog Strix or as above the AMP Extreme.

Last edited:
Associate
I'll have to give CS a call tomorrow as ive got no DPD email and when I look at my account it doesn't shows my order as shipped. As you can imagine im pretty frustrated to hear someone who ordered after me has a card being shipped to them. That said, I bet you are chomping at the bit to get your delivery. I'm sure it'll be a awesome card!!

Sorry about that, the wait was a pain, so yes I am happy that it's finally arriving today! But you should definitely call them and get that sorted. I mean I remember being skipped twice(!) with 1080 last year due to people changing their orders and effectively getting in front of me (I still hate the way OCUK has that in place) so I wasn't sure till the last moment if I will actually get it this week. Also, funny story, I actually called CS before noon yesterday and the person on the phone said, they only got confirmation from likes of Asus and Gigabyte so nothing from Zotac so there is no ETA on this 10 pcs shipment at all! Then a few hours later my account states it's shipped and I received the email! :) So there you go, stroke of luck or someone up there must really like me ;) Sorry if in the process I took your place :( But the good news is, when I called before Easter I was told there was around 30 preorders, so we must be half way through them right now. Hopefully with the next batch you'll get your card and join the Ti club ;-P

Associate
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/zota...s-graphics-card-zt-p10810d-10p-gx-10e-zt.html

Is the card above a good GPU for the price or should I be spending more? All I would like is a good out of the box card with decent temperatures, performance and fps in games. I just don't want to be throwiing loads of money on a card then regretting my decision as that card doesn't hold up well against the competition.

Is the AMP Extreme miles better than the AMP Edition? Also never owned a Zotac card which worries me a little bit.

Or am I best going with the more pricey Gigabyte Aorus, Asus Rog Strix or as above the AMP Extreme.

They're all the same really, all non FE cards have a glass ceiling in place, so none of them will overclock over a certain value. Choose the brand you trust most and one that will be here soon. MSI apparently as reported by a few members is prone to a coil whine (not wide spread issue, but it would suck to order one and get it with it, so..) Asus Strix apparently should be available in a matter of days with over 60 available straight away (rest will cover all preorders). Up to you ;) Zotac AE comes with the best temps and overclock out of the box, but it will be a couple of weeks before they should be available for new orders, plus Aeorus and Asus follow closely. I know if it wasn't Zotac I would go for Aeorus, ppl are very happy with it. Asus, well, apparently overpriced in ppls opinion. I heard one or two had a coil whine, too, so I wasn't even considering it this time around ;)

Associate
They're all the same really, all non FE cards have a glass ceiling in place, so none of them will overclock over a certain value. Choose the brand you trust most and one that will be here soon. MSI apparently as reported by a few members is prone to a coil whine (not wide spread issue, but it would suck to order one and get it with it, so..) Asus Strix apparently should be available in a matter of days with over 60 available straight away (rest will cover all preorders). Up to you ;) Zotac AE comes with the best temps and overclock out of the box, but it will be a couple of weeks before they should be available for new orders, plus Aeorus and Asus follow closely. I know if it wasn't Zotac I would go for Aeorus, ppl are very happy with it. Asus, well, apparently overpriced in ppls opinion. I heard one or two had a coil whine, too, so I wasn't even considering it this time around ;)

When you say "Aorus" do you mean the Gigabyte Aorus or the more costly Gigabyte Aorus Extreme?

Think I will pass on the Zotac AMP Edition and pay that bit extra for one of the Gigabytes or the Zotac AMP Extreme. If the only difference between Gigabyte Aorus and the Extreme Edition is the slight boost to the clocks I may go for the slightly cheaper one :), if that card is so well received.

Associate
Best call CS and ask about your place in the queue first before making the switch ;) As for the cards, I meant the more expensive one, but the truth is even though they have different speeds out of the box, it has been reported you can OC ALL of them to the same values. At the end of the day this is a silicone roulette so you may end up with a chip that simply won't allow to go higher no matter which brand you choose. So I would recommend going with the card that will be here sooner unless you're not in a rush, then the AE is the quietest one, as everyone report. It is probably due to the fact it has the biggest heatsink so it helps with keeping the card cooler than the rest so the fans can work less ;) Hence it is quieter than other cards. But there are other factors that needs to be considered as well, like the ambient temp, the case, number and type of fans inside, and so on, so.. Results will vary depending on factors outside of cards influence.

Associate
If the only difference between Gigabyte Aorus and the Extreme Edition is the slight boost to the clocks I may go for the slightly cheaper one :), if that card is so well received.

This was my thinking. As I mentioned earlier you can flash an Extreme bios on to a non-extreme

Back
Top Bottom