• Lib Dem

• UKIP

• Other (please state)

• I won't be voting

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
What funny, is people are now surmising TM wants a large majority so she can keep the hard-Brexit backbenchers in check, so she isn't crippled by their revolt when she comes back with a soft Brexit deal.

So all the fervent Brexit supporters who will be voting for the Tories to get their hard Brexit, are actually going to be voting against the Brexit they want! :D

Soldato
Would it be fair to say that a lot of Conservative constituencies voted to Bremain last summer? This could lead to a massive backlash, with Conservative voters switching to whichever party offers the most Bremain policies in this GE.

Would it also be fair to say that more people can vote in this GE than those that were eligible to vote in the referendum?

Caporegime
As I've said before its just going to be a lot of peed off people voting anti tory because of the Brexit BS.
It's not going to represent a shred of sensibility or foresight.

I actually hope there is another coalition government, with a bit of balls, to check the Tory trainwreck.

Soldato
* Margaret Thatcher: poll tax
* John Major: raised national insurance despite promising he wouldn't
* David Cameron: bedroom tax, raised inheritance tax, raised VAT, (breaking his '5 year tax lock' campaign promise)

That's just off the top of my head.
Poll tax would have been a flat rate of tax replacing other taxes. She did kill the 90% tax rate immediately.
Bedroom tax was giving less benefits for those on benefits with houses larger than they needed.
Inheritance tax has reduced now.

Unfortunately Labour has raised taxes to build the bloated public sector.

Soldato
Poll tax would have been a flat rate of tax replacing other taxes. She did kill the 90% tax rate immediately.
Bedroom tax was giving less benefits for those on benefits with houses larger than they needed.
Inheritance tax has reduced now.

Unfortunately Labour has raised taxes to build the bloated public sector.

You're not still trying to argue the Tories are the party of low taxation are you after I explained all that yesterday?

Caporegime
So why do we currently have the highest overall tax burden in 30 years?
Maybe something to do with the financial crash we went through in 2008/2009 - just a thought. Besides since @delta0 said "in relative terms" he's right - Ed Ball's 2015 financial plan for the UK did include raising more money through taxes and not cutting spending by as much as the Tories were planning.

Caporegime
Listening to Radio 4 and you can sort of tell why May doesn't want a TV debate or any sort of interaction.

Her robotic sound bites are just repulsive.

Soldato
I would vote lib Dem for a bit of middle ground but think they are fourth in my area so it's a bit of a waste

Therefore vote will go labour. Because as much as corbyn is pfffffft the tories have done absolutely nothing for me or for this area.

Soldato
Maybe something to do with the financial crash we went through in 2008/2009 - just a thought. Besides since @delta0 said "in relative terms" he's right - Ed Ball's 2015 financial plan for the UK did include raising more money through taxes and not cutting spending by as much as the Tories were planning.

And if you look at where the conversation started yesterday it was Tory low tax Labour high tax, which delta0 was trying to prove by just looking at Employment taxes, which i was pointing out was too simplistic and you have to look at the overall tax burden. Whereas we all know Tories like low direct taxes but higher indirect (consumption) taxes compared to Labour who prefer high direct taxes.

Associate
Your vote - your choice. But personally I would rather give TM the power to do what needs to be done to to ensure the best deal for the UK post EU and judge her after 5 years, than protest vote and come off worse with a weaker UK.

Simple question is - Which party would you rather trust to get the best deal for the UK now we are leaving Europe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom