4790k @4.6Ghz and 1.25 Vcore?

LHM

LHM

Associate
my limit on the 4790k is 4.6 @ 1.25, anything past that I was getting blue screen, but you might have a better one than I have.

Associate
OP
my limit on the 4790k is 4.6 @ 1.25, anything past that I was getting blue screen, but you might have a better one than I have.
hopefully. Ive not tried for any more yet. It is benching well at 4.6 on the core and 4.5 on the uncore and seems pretty stable at the moment.
I would like to try for more as it does seem stable.

not sure if theirs any truth in it but I read the 4790k's from Vietnam overclock well... heres hoping..

Associate
OP
got to 4.7Ghz at 1.26V that was stable. tried for 4.8Ghz it ran real bench for 45 minutes then crashed but I had not put the voltage up.
Ive currently got my cache set to 4.5 is there any advantage or drawback from having this up?

Associate
OP
Capture1_zpsw2o8ua11.png

Man of Honour
Don't you ever sleep? :p

Keep going. You have loads of voltage headroom left. I would be tempted to set vcore at 1.35v and try the 49x or even 50x multiplier now just to see if it boots. If it does test for stability and if stable tweak the voltage down. I can't be doing with this 100mhz steps anymore and the first overclock I tried on my 4670k was 4.2Ghz then 4.6Ghz then 4.8Ghz. I have gotten impatient with age.

Running the core and cache at 1:1 does have a small performance gain but you probably won't notice it in day to day tasks. I have mine both at 4.4Ghz and that and some other tweaks kept me at the top of the i5 rankings in the Cinebench thread until Skylake launched.

Associate
OP
Don't you ever sleep? :p

Keep going. You have loads of voltage headroom left. I would be tempted to set vcore at 1.35v and try the 49x or even 50x multiplier now just to see if it boots. If it does test for stability and if stable tweak the voltage down. I can't be doing with this 100mhz steps anymore and the first overclock I tried on my 4670k was 4.2Ghz then 4.6Ghz then 4.8Ghz. I have gotten impatient with age.

Running the core and cache at 1:1 does have a small performance gain but you probably won't notice it in day to day tasks. I have mine both at 4.4Ghz and that and some other tweaks kept me at the top of the i5 rankings in the Cinebench thread until Skylake launched.

it doesnt feel like it at times.. been up since 7 this morning. Think I managed 4 and a bit hours.. that's pretty good for me to be honest..

yea I did jump from 4.6 straight to 4.8 then dropped it to 4.7. think I will try youre idea tonight once the kids are in bed..

Back
Top Bottom