• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Gigabyte 1070 crashing on windows start up - Video

Associate
Hi guys, I have a Gigabyte 1070!

It seems to do this when i turn my pc on.

I have alsready been in touch with Overclockers, and I will be RMA'ing it back to them asap. I just wanted to make sure I haven't missed something obvious.

I have tried an old 770 in my pc and it boots fine.

Any other ideas?

Associate
That's a weird one. Got another PC you can try it in?

I was going to suggest just reseating the card in the PCI-E slot, but given you've gone back to your old card then that would have been the case.

Associate
OP
Tried it in my brothers pc, it didn't do it at first, but then it did do it after a while.

It's an intermittent problem. So kind of annoying.

I have a new PC on the way, so not a massive deal. But I am giving my current pc to my brother, and don't want to give him broken goods!

Associate
Seeing that too on my 1080 - it's intermittent on bootup. Mostly it will boot fine, sometimes show the symptoms in the video here and if it does, a quick reset brings it back. Think it may be a driver issue as the card was functioning fine before the latest driver update - initialisation going wrong at some point sometimes...

Man of Honour
Are you running the new creators update Win 10 ?

Looks very much like what has happened to me once since the update.

A very slow boot , then that vertical line of graphic pixelation, then boots eventually.

Back
Top Bottom