Which 55" 4k tv

Caporegime
The LG OLED tv's are highly rated.

I have the Panasonic 58" DX902 series 4K TV and absolutely love it. Picture quality is top but in hindsight if I had the money, I would have went for the LG OLED tv.

But am chuffed with my Panasonic set.

Caporegime
If price isn't an issue then it has to be OLED. However I would suggest waiting as new models will be released in May/June. So your less than 2-6 weeks away from being able to get one of the new OLED's which will have had a lot of improvements made to them as it's still a new tech and improving all the time.

Wait it out for 2-6 weeks then get a new 2017 model OLED. All the current one's available are 2016 or older.

Soldato
crazy when new models are just about to be released which will offer big improvements. it's such a new tech big waves are being made all the time.

From all points of view, the LG models this year aren't much better than the ones last year, and you:

1. Lose 3D as none of them have it this year. the C6/E6 both have it at least.
2. Pay the "brand new" model price, vs the cheaper "last year" model price.

Sure, in a couple of years they may have made more significant improvements, but the new ones just go a bit brighter from what I read, and in all honesty, the E6 I have goes plenty bright enough for me at the moment!

Caporegime
From all points of view, the LG models this year aren't much better than the ones last year, and you:

1. Lose 3D as none of them have it this year. the C6/E6 both have it at least.
2. Pay the "brand new" model price, vs the cheaper "last year" model price.

Sure, in a couple of years they may have made more significant improvements, but the new ones just go a bit brighter from what I read, and in all honesty, the E6 I have goes plenty bright enough for me at the moment!

I have 3D on I think 2-3 of my tv's. last time i used it was about 2 years ago.

3D has been dropped by the manufacturers so it is pretty much dead now everywhere.

Soldato
Yes, but for people with 3D film collections it's not dead, and 3D on OLED is actually very good, so it's a factor for consideration imo.

My point is that the new LG OLED's this year aren't massive improvements on the ones from last year, but cost a lot more at the moment. Best time to buy a TV seems to be around march when the last gen is getting replaced.

Associate
the new models are supposed to show HDR properly now. LCD fanboys can no longer bang on about peak brightness.

The Below says it all really:

"The LG B6 is 2016's entry-level OLED TV. It's been replaced by the C7, but the difference between them is very minor. The picture quality is almost identical, and the input lag is the only real advancement, although the B6 is still pretty good in that regard. Considering the big price difference, almost nobody should be buying the C7 over the B6 from last year."

Like I said crazy spending double on a 2017 model

Back
Top Bottom