Aorus Owner's Lounge

Associate
@Atom80

I have a pre-order for the x5 v7. Any news on when this might be shipped? Are we looking at, 1 week, 2 weeks, a month? Would be good to know how long i need to be delicate with my 3+ year old Gigabyte P35X v3!

Cheers

Associate
@Atom80

I have a pre-order for the x5 v7. Any news on when this might be shipped? Are we looking at, 1 week, 2 weeks, a month? Would be good to know how long i need to be delicate with my 3+ year old Gigabyte P35X v3!

Cheers

I have asked their sales who have said they will get back to me shortly with this and the X7 release. Will post if they do.

Associate
I spoke with someone at OC because I got, what i now know to be, an automatic email about not being able to process the order etc etc. Ignore this if you get one, it's just to cover them if you ordered a pre-order item with out realising it was pre-order! Anyway I also asked about deliver schedule, the agent said that they were expecting a delivery of v6 models on May 2nd but they have no news on the v7's. He did mention that this doesn't mean it wont be sooner but it could also be later or even at the same time as the v6 delivery! So basically no one has any idea!

Associate
They do take the money straight away if you pay by credit or debit card. The agent mentioned something about amazon pay; if you use amazon pay they wait until the item is shipped or something to that effect, but I would double check that before you go ahead.

Last edited:
AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
@Atom80

Cheers

Hi darkbbright,

The schedule at the moment is fairly firm, looking at approx. 3-4 weeks before stock arrives in UK market - this is in line with other markets we sell AORUS.

Sorry its not sooner, but that is the reality - hope the P35X holds out for you!

Regards,

Team AORUS

Associate
Hi darkbbright,

The schedule at the moment is fairly firm, looking at approx. 3-4 weeks before stock arrives in UK market - this is in line with other markets we sell AORUS.

Sorry its not sooner, but that is the reality - hope the P35X holds out for you!

Regards,

Team AORUS

Thanks for the Update.

I think the P35X will last, just, but its battery is completely dead and the screen is scratched to ****. Lets hope the X5v7 is worth the wait and, for Aorus's sake (although one sale wont make any difference), that something, of a similar or better spec, doesn't come along in the meantime because I'm not that fussy and I'm getting bored of waiting.

Cheers

Associate
I asked @Atom80 in my other thread but got no response, maybe someone here might be able to answer it.

On the new X5 v7, other than SSD size and RAM, are there any differences between the CF1 and CF2 models? The screens etc are the same.

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
I asked @Atom80 in my other thread but got no response, maybe someone here might be able to answer it.

On the new X5 v7, other than SSD size and RAM, are there any differences between the CF1 and CF2 models? The screens etc are the same.

Hi NanimalMother,

Correct, the machines difference are just the SSD and RAM, same panel.

Sorry if we missed Q in another thread.

Regards,

Team AORUS

Associate
It's like getting blood from a stone! Have asked here, contacted sales gone through Facebook Aorus tried the website and forum and getting no response. So frustrating hope their after sales are better than their pre.

Last edited:
Associate
Heh.....Atom80 works with what he gets I guess...aftersales from what I've seen seems good...but yeah dates /info is painful. When was CES...jan 5th? Nearly 4 months on.

Associate
Hi guys, hopefully you can help me out before I submit a service ticket. I've had my X3 plus V7-CF1 (i7 7820HK and GTX1060) for a few months now and it's been absolutely lovely. I have been using it at home as a desktop replacement with an external monitor only so never really used the actual laptop screen except on day 1 to set it up. However, now that I need to travel again (and the reason I bought a small gaming laptop) I unplugged the monitor and the laptop screen just shows a black screen. I've of course tried the extend/duplicate/internal/external options, switched between the HDMI and miniDP port, etc. Nothing made the laptop screen show anything, just a black screen with the backlight on. Rebooting without anything attached, same result.

So to make sure it wasn't anything in my software setup, I proceeded to do a full windows recovery. I started it of course with the external monitor attached so I could actually perform it through the windows settings. When it was done (or I assume it was done anyway), it was the end of the laptop for me... No display on the laptop screen but also nothing on any of the monitor outputs! I guess whenever I switch it on now it's on the windows setup page but I can't see anything. It looks like the display output is now locked to the internal screen but it's not sending anything over. The screen lights up so the backlight seems OK but the actual display driving part just doesn't work. So I've got an £1900 useless device, right when I actually need it so not pleased as you might imagine.

Anyone here had something similar or any tips on how to resolve this? Thanks in advance!

Associate
Does the laptop have any kind of bios diagnostic utility. The Alienware machines I've had do and you could check the display within that. Only other thing I can think of that could be worth trying is to change the graphics source within the bios, from external graphics to onboard and reboot.

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Hi guys, hopefully you can help me out before I submit a service ticket. I've had my X3 plus V7-CF1 (i7 7820HK and GTX1060) for a few months now and it's been absolutely lovely. I have been using it at home as a desktop replacement with an external monitor only so never really used the actual laptop screen except on day 1 to set it up. However, now that I need to travel again (and the reason I bought a small gaming laptop) I unplugged the monitor and the laptop screen just shows a black screen. I've of course tried the extend/duplicate/internal/external options, switched between the HDMI and miniDP port, etc. Nothing made the laptop screen show anything, just a black screen with the backlight on. Rebooting without anything attached, same result.

So to make sure it wasn't anything in my software setup, I proceeded to do a full windows recovery. I started it of course with the external monitor attached so I could actually perform it through the windows settings. When it was done (or I assume it was done anyway), it was the end of the laptop for me... No display on the laptop screen but also nothing on any of the monitor outputs! I guess whenever I switch it on now it's on the windows setup page but I can't see anything. It looks like the display output is now locked to the internal screen but it's not sending anything over. The screen lights up so the backlight seems OK but the actual display driving part just doesn't work. So I've got an £1900 useless device, right when I actually need it so not pleased as you might imagine.

Anyone here had something similar or any tips on how to resolve this? Thanks in advance!

Hi AorusX3plusCF3,

Sorry to hear of your problem, certainly looks like it needs to come into us for repair.

Do you have the support contact details, if not here they are:

GIGABYTE Authorized Service Partner
Address: MendIT Ltd Crown House Bridgewater Close Burnley Lancashire England BB11 5TE
Technical Support: 08442449999
Email: [email protected]

You can of course go via your re-seller, assume OcUK, but in reality this isn't necessary and will only add a couple of days extra to the service turnaround time.

Let us know if you need anything further,

Regards,

Team AORUS

Back
Top Bottom