**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ Thread ****

Associate
Yay! got my emails from Samsung and UKMail, it's on the way :):) Despite Handtec showing they had the S8 Plus in Orchid Grey in stock yesterday my order is still showing as pending which is great news as I can now cancel it, one phone at £790 is enough never mind two :p

Soldato
Having played with it most of the day today its a gorgeous piece of kit.
Well put together - ergonomically its very comfortable in the hand. Am bored though now lol.

I can see the edge 'swipes' annoying me (can't help it when swiping lol)
Got rid of bixby by creating a new home page - hate that it comes up when swiping to the left.

Keeping the 'bare fit' case - it's awesome - love how sleek it is yet covers all corners well.
Remainder cases going on MM (grab yourselves a bargain lol).

all3_zpsbxylwgjp.jpg

Picture taken with the S8 - quite impressive how well it works in low light

Soldato
standard s8, received my submitted mail at 16:48. Colleague who ordered standard s8 a few days later got his submitted mail at 16:39 and a despatched mail at 17:45, but his was with MPD not Smartphonecompany so they appear to possibly prioritise those, or because he's having it delivered to london not mcr perhaps it's a different depot.

Soldato
Phone despatched and awaiting connection

:D
Wooooop!

All getting there then!

Remember the bit about connection somewhere in the email. If it comes disconnected (Doesn't often happen) think we're supposed to pester MPD / SPC and not Voda! As that could mess with cashback eligibility

Soldato
Played with it for an hour or so, think I like it but am not blown away by it. I've spent most of my time trying to de-Samsung it.

There's also an annoying bug which keeps the nav bar white when the keyboard is on screen.

Associate
If you just want to disable bixby, you can disable the package via adb or an app (eg package disabler) and the button does nothing.
Cheers, just bought package disabler pro. The nice thing now is the custom buttons work even with the phone locked!

Back
Top Bottom