EVGA P2 850W Platinum

Associate
I'm after some opinions on whether the above PSU I am looking into will be sufficient to run the following:

EKWB pump/res combo 140
2 x 980Ti SC+
6 fans
3 X SSDs

From what I have read it should be fine but some opinions from people that are more up on their psu's than me would be great

Associate
The power output is more than sufficient but it's only a mediocre PSU.
The fan whines. The plastic mouldings are very sharp and difficult to connect. The cables are quite bulky and inflexible. The MB and CPU power cables aren't long enough for my case and might break under so much force.
My previous PSU had stealth cables which were so much better.

Man of Honour
The fan whines. The plastic mouldings are very sharp and difficult to connect. The cables are quite bulky and inflexible. The MB and CPU power cables aren't long enough for my case and might break under so much force.

Are you for real? Mediocre? The EVGA G2/G3/P2/T2 units are amongst the best platforms currently available. These reviews prove what a excellent psu the 850w P2 is, Jonnyguru, Hexus, Toms Hardware.

Soldato

Eh? Mine doesn't whine at all. The cables are no better or worse than any others I've had.

Associate

Maybe you're thinking of a different PSU? Have the 750w version, seems solid and got decent reviews. Haven't noticed any whining, the fan isn't especially quiet, but it rarely activates and only then for a short time. Cables are fine, as good as any other model I've owned.

Back
Top Bottom