Supplements the debate/discussion thread

Soldato
Can't say there are any ethical reasons behind it but it's a nice bonus I suppose. Was never a huge fan of milk anyway and also eat cheese and butter very rarely. Speaking of magnesium, wish I would get that great sleep effect everyone is raving about when they take it.

My sleep is awful now as my bed is next to a window so as soon as I get the sun coming through, I'm tossing and turning and quality is really bad. Think I'll invest in some blackout curtains but I'm yet to find a supplement that helps as I've tried a few.

http://www.ismh.org/en/scientific-spotlight/l-theanine-and-sleep-quality/
L Theanine helps with sleep, take about 0.2g's before bed. Finish playing Squad earlier as well :p

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah I seem to be waking up a lot around 5-6am at the moment and struggle to nod off despite being tired. I had a sleep mask in the past and this may be strange, but whenever I stick one on I start to get really weird dreams when normally I don't dream much at all. Tried 5-HTP before too and found little difference as well as other usual herbal stuff.

Good to know about calcium and magnesium since a lot of places seem to sell them together.

EDIT: Actually take Theanine already in the morning with my coffee as a nootropic kinda combo. Gave some to a friend in the past who did say it made him fall asleep in higher doses. In all fairness I have had trouble falling asleep my entire life but sleep quality seems particularly bad last few years.

Associate
Strong DMAA!

Is myprotein still one of the best places (price wise) to pick up supplements?

Looking to pick up some BCAAs (doing a fair bit of fasted morning cardio) Is there any difference/ benefit to tablets v powder? 10.95 for 250g at the minute with the Mystery discount they have going on

Also had some creapure sitting around for a little while , gone a bit lumpy ... Do people think it will still be fine ? (personally i cant imagine it would have changed/broken down much)

thanks

Man of Honour
Strong DMAA!

Is myprotein still one of the best places (price wise) to pick up supplements?

Looking to pick up some BCAAs (doing a fair bit of fasted morning cardio) Is there any difference/ benefit to tablets v powder? 10.95 for 250g at the minute with the Mystery discount they have going on

Also had some creapure sitting around for a little while , gone a bit lumpy ... Do people think it will still be fine ? (personally i cant imagine it would have changed/broken down much)

thanks

Save your money and don't bother with BCAA; it doesn't do what you (and lots of other people) think it does.

Soldato
Yeah there's really no point to BCAAS; you break your fast (e.g. insulin goes up so if you're dieting and taking yohimbine or something it renders it useless) by having them so really you might as well just have a scoop of protein powder, which has more micronutrition and tastes better and it's cheaper as well.

Soldato
So I bought some natural testosterone booster capsules from Amazon for £10 just to see if they work as its only £10 so no huge loss. Been taking them for a week now and i'm not sure if its raising my testosterone levels or not but its made me horny as hell! Not bad for £10.

Soldato
Way the supplement industry is "regulated" I can stick Creatine into a tablet and call my product testosterone boosting. Have a look on the back of the bottle to see what you're actually getting and dosage.

Soldato
"Each capsule contains: N Acetyl L-Cysteine, Magnesium Bisglycinate, Sodium Selenite, Vitamin D3, Vitamin B6, Size 0 Blue Gelatine Capsule, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Magnesium Stearate, Silica"

Soldato
I'm not having a go by the way, just be careful of how companies tend to mislead with their marketing slogans and names. You can normally just look at the back of the bottle to see what you're actually getting and most of the time it's far cheaper to get that supplement on its own.

As for above, I'm not sure what would give such a result apart from magnesium maybe, but glad it's working for you.

Soldato
Test boosters do precisely nothing for gainz. If there was anything you could just buy over the counter that would make a meaningful difference to your hormonal profile then all your pro sportspeople and bodybuilders would be using it... but no, if you want surpaphysiological levels of testosterone then you have to get used to being a human pin cushion and use substances we're not permitted to discuss on here.

If you think your test is low then you should be looking at addressing the things that can cause low T and getting your levels checked. If you want to high enough T levels to make rapid gains...

tenor.gif

Soldato
As you say only test that can make rapid gainz is in injectable form and not to be discussed on this forum. Even then it's normally used in conjunction with other stuff that works even better for bulking and it's only there as your natural production goes down.

I also can't say that many supplements have made me particularly horny(ier), tried all the usual suspects like Tribulus, Maca, etc. Only thing that made difference was Lecithin but effect wasn't to do with arousal levels.

Back
Top Bottom