Picked up a LG OLED55B6V

Suspended
I have tried but the screen starts flickering when I enable it, I have a 1080, bought a high speed slightly shorter HDMI hoping that would cure it but nope, still does it.

After further testing it's the side ports on my B6 that won't work with my HTPC and deep color, the two rear ports are absolutely fine.

Bit odd, hopefully this won't be the case with other hardware.

Caporegime
He ordered from JL, thought they were great for delivery, they have never let me down so far, something must have gone wrong somewhere.

I have always used the free delivery service and got a selected date of delivery and a phone call before they turn up.

JL have checked thier system which says not delivered but there's no reason from the curior company they're trying to ge in touch with them and will call me back

D3K

D3K

Soldato
After further testing it's the side ports on my B6 that won't work with my HTPC and deep color, the two rear ports are absolutely fine.

I'm having trouble with this looking good from my pc. nvidia CP only shows 8b colour and 'limited' dynamic range

Associate

Good call, just switched the PC to HDMI 4 and can now use Ultra HD deep Colour without flickering :)

Soldato
Just bolted mine to the wall. No flickering with PS4 Pro on mine using HDMi 4 on the back....

1zp664g.jpg

Soldato
Thank's, good to know, maybe it was never much of a problem on the B6, or LG fixed it early. Seems like an annoying issue still present for a lot of PRO owners.
Anyone got a PS4 pro with the lg b6?
Just wondered if it was effected by that flickering black screen that seems to be effecting lots with the ks7000.

When is it meant to flicker ? Have not noticed anything but will look...

Soldato
No noticed anything so far will keep an eye out...

Got my Pro today, look forward to trying it out later on the B6. Shame it hasn't got a 4k drive, was debating on getting the Xbox S instead, but it makes sense to wait for the scorpio for that.

Moogleys, what RGB black level do you set the pro to, I currently have my ps4 set to limited and low on the TV and it looks good.
Im guessing I should do the same.

Last edited:
Associate
My Dad just got this TV, it's a great telly no doubt, though I can't see where the +£800 difference of my KS7000 has went. They both have a fantastic picture to my eyes.
There is 1 thing I'm envious of though...
The magic remote of the LG is a thing of beauty to use, a half hour with that and now my Samsung remote is proper clunky to use.
I don't suppose there is anything out there similar to the LG remote on the market?

D3K

D3K

Soldato
My Dad just got this TV, it's a great telly no doubt, though I can't see where the +£800 difference of my KS7000 has went. They both have a fantastic picture to my eyes.
There is 1 thing I'm envious of though...
The magic remote of the LG is a thing of beauty to use, a half hour with that and now my Samsung remote is proper clunky to use.
I don't suppose there is anything out there similar to the LG remote on the market?
Horses for courses. I miss my Samsung remote dearly. I miss pause and stop buttons, and I find the key menu buttons just out of reach from normal resting position. I also hate having to put the thing down so the motion sensor times out and the cursor disappears... I could be missing a trick there though.

Back
Top Bottom