Virgin Media Discussion Thread

Associate
I just had a call off the sales department after cancelling my contract, they told me they can get me a better deal by cancelling my contract and signing up with my wife's name and they will do me a new customer deal. They must be desperate for sales to call and ask that?

He just told me I have to change my landline number.

Soldato
You shouldn't have to wait ages any more. I posted earlier in the thread about my experience but basically get through to level 2 in Swansea and tell them that you game and use VOIP and would like a SH2AC until the SH3 latency issues are fixed. They are generally reticent to send them out but once they understand you know what you're talking about they normally send them out straight away. Mine came in 2 days. I still have my black SH3 for when the latency issues are fixed - I prefer the fewer flashing lights on the SH3.

Sadly, it seems they might have run out... I ordered one last week and a SH3 turned up instead.

Rang up again - said they'd try and source one...

Fail!

Associate
I have a SH2AC her they never asked to be returned, they really don't care about the latency issue and want everyone on the SH3 for their hotspot campaign.

Associate
Vermin Media deserve it. I've had an open fault with them for 2 years effecting the whole area.

I completely agree with you, I had a over utilisation issue as well, mine was fixed in 2 months which was very quick for them but it opened my eyes to how many people are affected when I investigated my issue. The support I received during the time I had the issue was nothing but shocking even from the executive team. I voted with my feet and have cancelled but I know that's not an option for some.

VM need a kick over here, I would advise you contact someone like watchdog who may well be interested ;)

Associate
I've just left Virgin Media after having utilisation issues. I was on the 150Mb package (don't think they do this anymore). During peak hours this dropped to less than 1Mb so was completely unusable. The final straw a few weeks ago was during a party we were having one Saturday night and I couldn't even stream Spotify! For reference I am in Area 20, in Dukinfield (Approx. 10 miles east of Manchester). I now have EE fibre, router sync speed has settled at 77Mb so really good. Connection is rock solid with no slowdowns at all even in peak hours. Upload speed is also 20Mb, compared to 10Mb on Virgin.

Soldato
Just had the letter through stating there will be "disruption" in our street and around us over the coming weeks due to VM coming in! I'll drill the holes and run the cables for them for my house if it helps lol

Caporegime
Ok thank you - I plan on putting it in Modem mode and then hooking up my Asus, I am a frequent gamer (CSGO, Battlefield etc) - did the new firmware for the SH3 get pushed out yet to fix the latency/lag issues? I'm going to try get a SH2AC sent out instead of SH3 but suspect they wont do it before the install date.

Other than moaning to them for ages, is there a guaranteed way to downgrade to the SH2AC without paying for it?

they refused to give me one. i even got through to their UK call centre after hours of being forced to do tests and change settings on the SH3.

basically made me do a ping test and then they said your ping times are fine. well i had just rebooted the router. basically the issue occurs over time. reboot your router every other week and your fine.

Associate
Just got off the phone to virgin over the new pricing.
Had the 200 gamer package reduced to £40.25 a month, another £57 credit on my account and an ongoing monthly discount of £10 until the over utilization is fixed

Associate
Just got off the phone to virgin over the new pricing.
Had the 200 gamer package reduced to £40.25 a month, another £57 credit on my account and an ongoing monthly discount of £10 until the over utilization is fixed

Is that £40.25 just for the 200 gamer package, or do you have Phone/TV to go with that package? Im out of contract shortly and was hoping to get a decent deal when I call them.. was hoping for something like £50 for the same package I am currently on (200/full house tv + phone).

Associate
Is that £40.25 just for the 200 gamer package, or do you have Phone/TV to go with that package? Im out of contract shortly and was hoping to get a decent deal when I call them.. was hoping for something like £50 for the same package I am currently on (200/full house tv + phone).
Just broadband only.
Used to have a phone line as it was cheaper at one time, but now just BB only

Soldato
I have been having terrible SNR issues in my area(21).
Since 14th i am not having internet(or catch up TV as a result). SO many fault ref numbers and ETAs keep getting moved every day. Bu tthey dont put is on the service status page as a fault!
I have been given £7 as for loss of services for 2 weeks - paying nearly £52 per month!

Associate
If anyone with over utilisation with virgin is interested in getting involved in a complaint please trust me with your email, I will explain the details in my response.

Soldato
I've just left Virgin Media after having utilisation issues. I was on the 150Mb package (don't think they do this anymore). During peak hours this dropped to less than 1Mb so was completely unusable. The final straw a few weeks ago was during a party we were having one Saturday night and I couldn't even stream Spotify! For reference I am in Area 20, in Dukinfield (Approx. 10 miles east of Manchester). I now have EE fibre, router sync speed has settled at 77Mb so really good. Connection is rock solid with no slowdowns at all even in peak hours. Upload speed is also 20Mb, compared to 10Mb on Virgin.

I was on BT Infinity for years. Unfortunately we can't get any of the nice fibre where we live now. Vermin Media is all we can get.

Man of Honour
I stayed in a flat last night in Basingstoke and it had VM. I did laugh when I tried to watch something on YouTube and it was struggling to buffer yet a speedtest showed a solid 50 mbps.

Back
Top Bottom