Need ideas to mount my res/pump !!!

Associate
783B9ACE-DEF9-4F5C-A9DC-A9C89244E562.jpg

Ignoring the wires you can see there is nothing in the front of my core x2 that i could use to mount my res/pump on , this is the res that i have ...

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ek-water-blocks-ek-xres-140-revo-d5-pwm-incl.-pump-wc-886-ek.html

Anyone got any ideas or a deffinite way i could mount the res/pump ?

I know the pic is too big but i couldnt resize it in the photobucket app.

Associate
When I had my X2 I was using 2 DDC pumps and mounted them to the removable part of the perforated case floor.

If I was going to do something similar with a D5 I'd use one of the brackets EK make to fit the pump to a 120mm fan.

Associate
OP
When I had my X2 I was using 2 DDC pumps and mounted them to the removable part of the perforated case floor.

If I was going to do something similar with a D5 I'd use one of the brackets EK make to fit the pump to a 120mm fan.

I was thinking of using the removable part in the floor but then my res would be on its side, i moved the 3x 2.5hdd pieces to the front and im gonna mount it on the 2 to the right. Gotta be precise with the drilling

Associate
OP
Gonna move the bar to the left of it a bit closer, ill have to drill the hole then use a tapper. Then put a bracket that goes around the res on the bar.

There is a bit of movement to the touch but that will be taken care of and hopefully it wont be so noisy.

Soldato
When you come to bleed it the water will rise in the res when you take the top off or loosen the top bleed screw. As water levels out at the lowest point and might spill over the top of the res with being on the case floor.

Far better put the res/pump externally rear top will make bleeding very easy.

With the res top level with the case top, as you begin to fill the res you can partly fill the loop before you turn the pump on.

Keep adding water to the res about half way say till you can't add any more water. No turn the pump on you'll be able to add water as it bleeds.

When the bubbles stop turn the pump off fill res nearly to the top put the top on then turn the pump back on tilt case at different angles to get any trapped air out the loop.

Always put the pump on max rpm when bleeding gets the air out a lot better and less chance of trapped air.

Check for leaks as you bleed the loop.

Job done.

Back
Top Bottom