PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS - Thread

Man of Honour
Woop!

Now I can have even less clue where I died from :D.

On the upside no third person peeking.

Is that in the test servers?

You can go to them on the live one, just select custom match on the list , they dont seem very well populated at the moment, about 50 on a server it seems

Soldato
Only in some aspects. Third person peeking stairs from side they can't see you no matter what they try until it's too late. Same with being on higher ground behind something.

Walls and corners work both ways though.

Soldato
third person works both ways, its just another play style to get used to. When they work out FP fov, that will be fun but this 3p works well.

3PN Doesnt work in a game like this at all. Bearing in mind I can hear your footsteps, I can hide 1ft to the left of a doorway and see exactly whats going on 2 rooms over, without anybody being able to see me.

loot on the floor? You run in, I step out and shotgun to the face. There's nothing fair about that, its an exploit of the game mechanics, and it doesn't make for fun playing tbh.

I've done it to other people, and had it done to me. Its not good playstyle its abuse of game mechanics. Theres no reason this game has to be 3rd person whatsoever.

wnb

wnb

Soldato
4 People left, two teams a wall separates us were all out of nades and trying to jump shoot through the gaps in the wall. Both sides are in a stale mate suddenly the circle disappears and the first to die loses. That's two games now it's been 2v2 and the cirvle just blinks out.

Soldato
OP
Been trying to stream this game with different software OBS, Action and Relive, After say AMDs streaming software runs the game the smoothest on playback..

OBS and Action no matter the settings have a strange hitching when the player is running around it really is annoying!! Relive however I forgot about this is my first time testing AMDs version of streaming and I after say am very surprised at the quality and just how smooth the outputted file turned out.

Associate
4 People left, two teams a wall separates us were all out of nades and trying to jump shoot through the gaps in the wall. Both sides are in a stale mate suddenly the circle disappears and the first to die loses. That's two games now it's been 2v2 and the cirvle just blinks out.

Yeah if you wait long enough the circle will just vanish. Only way to win would be to prepot all your drinks and then use your meds

Soldato
Yeah if you wait long enough the circle will just vanish. Only way to win would be to prepot all your drinks and then use your meds
I was in the team . Was at power station and we were both either side of the High wall .. We would have died in the fog if we had run . But as Prattler said thats twice its happened where we were at stalemate and both blocked by the fog and we lost both times

Soldato
I really want a hardcore mode for this, especially in duo/squad mode. Sick of dropping someone, then having to plough loads more shots in to kill them. Ideally would like health to remain the same but armor to be reduced by about 50/75%.

Soldato
They've just posted a pic showing FOG.... Looks really good.

Followed by nearly every 3rd post.... NIGHT TIME PLEASES... NVG'S AND BATTERIES PLEASEEEE

2vab91w.png

Soldato
Well, I enjoyed the 3 games I played last night, camping certainly nets you a higher rank it seems haha. One thing though, the performance wasn't the best at 1440p running from a 980ti at the lowest settings. Are there any tricks to get this running smooth? Is vsync on by default? I couldn't find a setting for it.

Soldato
They've just posted a pic showing FOG.... Looks really good.

Followed by nearly every 3rd post.... NIGHT TIME PLEASES... NVG'S AND BATTERIES PLEASEEEE

As much as I enjoy the night time environment in these sorts of games there's just no way to implement it fairly in a competitive game like this. People who will go to lengths just to win will start adjusting their brightness/gamma to have the edge just like they did in DayZ.

Well, I enjoyed the 3 games I played last night, camping certainly nets you a higher rank it seems haha. One thing though, the performance wasn't the best at 1440p running from a 980ti at the lowest settings. Are there any tricks to get this running smooth? Is vsync on by default? I couldn't find a setting for it.

What sort of FPS were you getting and where abouts?

The lowest I achieve is 40 in the laggy cities i.e. Yasnaya and Georgepol when looking a specific direction. Dips to 25 perhaps if bombs go off in the city. But other than that it's all 60-100 which is reasonable at the moment. That's pretty much all Ultra other than Post Processing.

Also, set View Distance to Very Low or Low. Just no need for it to be any higher.

Back
Top Bottom