OCUK DDR4 Ram Availability

Associate
I'm currently planning a new Ryzen build and my first with DDR4.

Is it just me or is OCUK's DDR4 selection lacking in comparison to some competitors.

Before DDR4 ocuk had a massive range of DDR3 all different makes/models and styles.

Would be nice to see the range expanded and see the likes of the Trident Z and Z RGB just to name a few.

Soldato
They've said before that they won't stock GSkill because they can't guarantee them supply.

Bit silly really given they seem to be ramping up some pretty strong product lines... maybe if sales pick up thanks to Ryzen that will change.

Soldato
They must be losing sale's for Ryzen build's as the G.Skill RAM looks to be popular.
Unfortunately they are - as i did a build recently and usually direct my friends/family to OcUK - but they wanted to get the whole build (just MB, CPU, memory and GFx) from the same supplier. I have another asking - but i'm holding off until May as will be interesting to see results...

Have to admire OcUKs reasons though - and buyers do get p***ed when continually directed to stock that isn't available.

Soldato
What about other manufacturers? Geil, Crucial, Patriot, Transcend etc. just to name a few.

Geil Evo-X is testing very well with Ryzen from some reviews I've read.

My trident Z's allowed me to get the advertised 3200mhz on my Asrock X99 OC Formula which my older and almost twice as must in cost corsair dominator platinum could not do for more than a couple of days at most

Soldato
What about other manufacturers? Geil, Crucial, Patriot, Transcend etc. just to name a few.

Geil Evo-X is testing very well with Ryzen from some reviews I've read.

Same issue, no avails on OCUK. I would also be careful because the lovely thing about this place is there's a bit of text saying 'lifetime warrant with OCUK' - the RMA would be interesting if they didnt work and you have to send them to Taiwan.

Associate
Ocuk have Evo-X to pre-order.... as well as other Geil sticks:

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/pc-components/memory/ddr4?ckTab=3&ckSuppliers=246
Yes, seen those but I wanted 32gb of 3200mhz RAM.

Looking around on these manufacturers websites, hardly any of them make it. The only ones I could find that make a 2x16gb kit of 3200mhz ram is either Corsair (who I dislike) or G.Skill.

Geil, Crucial, Kingston, Avexir, Kingston, Patriot, Team, Transcend, Mushkin etc. etc. None of them make it, wtf is happening? Have they all just given up? I mean why bother, the likes of Gskill are playing around with 4000mhz ram and most of the others seem to struggle with anything over 2400mhz!

Most of them make 2x8gb kits, but seem to struggle with 2x16gb. I even spoke directly to Crucial, who said I would have to buy 2no. separate 16gb sticks at 3200mhz as they did not make a kit... Very confused :(

Back
Top Bottom