Veloviewer Explorer Score

Soldato
Is anybody else collecting map squares?
I've just discovered it today and i'm already addicted to planning routes.

For those who havn't heard of it before, it uses OpenStreetMaps and if you cycle in a grid square on the map you have 'collected' it. You're score is then based on the largest contiguous square of collected map tiles.
My score is 7 at the moment, but increasing to 10 should be quite easy with just a couple of squares needed.

You need to use strava and have a veloviewer pro account (£10/year) to do this.

Soldato
OP
If you click the 'Activities' tab then look at the map, there's a checkbox at the bottom called 'Explorer' so you can see where your square is and which tiles you need to get to expand it.

Soldato
OP
Not sure I understand it all but VV says : 1104 tiles, average of 3.942 km per tile, Max square 5x5

You've collected a total of 1104 squares on the map, you average 3.942km ridden inside each square and the largest continuous square you can make amongst all your collected squares is 5x5.

It's the max square figure which I'm working on improving. You can check your map to see which squares you need to visit (check my previous post for the map options)

Soldato
772 tiles, average of 6.223 mi per tile
Max square 6x6

I's a good idea but ultimately flawed. My max is set at what it is because of a single square I haven't got. My only option to 'gain' that square is to ride on private property or a mega busy stretch of A-road.

Back
Top Bottom