Looking for Speakers for TV/Bluetooth ~£100

Soldato
Apologies for yet another spec me type thread....

I'll be moving in to a new place soon and I'm looking to get a basic amplifier (or equivalent system, I'm not really sure what to call it) with a couple of semi decent speakers for the living room.

Initially I'll probably be running the optical out from the TV into the amp, but would also like bluetooth in the amplifier to connect to phones etc. I'll probably sort a better setup later, so any room for improvement is very welcome.

The budget is pretty flexible, but I thought I'd put around £100 as an aim and see if it's reasonable. I'm no audiophile and it's an average sized flat, so nothing immense is needed.

Any thoughts?

Soldato
OP
Around that yeah. Doesn't need to be an amp specifically, just something that can take an optical input and also Bluetooth for the front room.

Looking at a couple of sound bars now which seem quite decent for around £80, or with a sub for a bit over £100.

Associate
and regarding the bluetooth , i have a onkyo audio amp that i wanted to turn wifi enabled , so i picked up chrome cast audio , works a treat

Associate
Around that yeah. Doesn't need to be an amp specifically, just something that can take an optical input and also Bluetooth for the front room.

Looking at a couple of sound bars now which seem quite decent for around £80, or with a sub for a bit over £100.
There not going to be decent for that money you wont get a decent soundbar for £100 nevermind with a sub lol

Soldato
depends what you mean by decent.
i got a refurbished LG NB3530a for £120 about 3 years ago and its pretty good for the money - i'm very happy with it still.
nobody is expecting hifi quality for that price (and if you want that you should get a hifi instead!)

Soldato
OP
depends what you mean by decent.
i got a refurbished LG NB3530a for £120 about 3 years ago and its pretty good for the money - i'm very happy with it still.
nobody is expecting hifi quality for that price (and if you want that you should get a hifi instead!)

Basically just the best I can get for the price.

It'll be used for some movies, and some general music use. Doesn't need to be anything fancy, just as long as it's a step up from the built in speakers on the TV then it will do for now.

Soldato
i think a cheap sound bar is your best bet - even a cheap one is leagues ahead of tv speakers. I was surprised how good mine was for the price i paid.

Soldato
OP
i think a cheap sound bar is your best bet - even a cheap one is leagues ahead of tv speakers. I was surprised how good mine was for the price i paid.

Yep, seems that's the way to go. Found a few for a bit under £100, and some for just over £100 with a sub. Not sure if we'll need the sub, but it's not a huge amount extra so might as well.

Back
Top Bottom