Gaming Headset to replace broken one

Associate
Hello,

I currently own a Kingston HyperX Cloud White edition bought in Jan 2015, the right earpiece seems to have died recently :(. Tried fiddling with the wires, updating the Realtek drivers and checking Windows audio settings just incase I mistakenly turned one side down. On a side note the speakers still work as intended, so I'm ruling out a splitter connection problem and a tower issue. Either the right earpiece of the headset has blown or the wire is faulty. This has happened once before and messing around with the wires eventually fixed it...

So, I take it I need a new headset this time around as the sound transmitting from one ear will most certainly wind me up after a few minutes of use. Will be willing to spend between £50 and £70 preferably (maximum £100) wired, comfortable and the sound will be most important here. The headset microphone I won't particularely have any use for, I prefer to use my standalone Blue Yeti microphone so the headset microphone will always be disabled.

Any within the prices that are a definite grab? When I last bought one the HyperX Cloud was widely recommended for the price + audio. Not sure what the must have budget one is these days.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Will take a closer look at the GSP 300 thanks :). Will go and watch some reviews on Youtube. Need a solid pair asap. I take it you find them comfortable? Good sound for the price and all that. In all honesty it's all I care about, it doesn't need to be absolutely perfect, just comfortable, decent sound for the price and one of the best headsets in that price range :D.

Which one would you recommend by the way the 300 or the 350? 350 is kinda pricey and slightly above my maximum budget but it is USB connectivity and makes an appearance in all the recent reviews.

This is the second time an headset has died on me :(. Is USB a safer bet than the 3.5MM headsets?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I bought a cloud 2 headset recently for around the £40 mark and it's absolutely great for the money.

Jeez, that is pretty cheap. I paid £65 for the HyperX Cloud a few years ago. Would you say the HyperX Cloud II are better than the Sennheizers GSP 300? I actually ordered a pair of those recommended by MissChief. Seem to have some excellent reviews, albeit at a higher cost. I thought the HyperX ones were at a slightly lower price point, not at half the cost. Still though my current HyperX ones died on me lol. Reading up a bit about it online and it seems quite a few users have reported this right earpiece dying within 6 to 12 months+.

Caporegime
I had a pair of Hyper X Cloud's as well. The mic went funny on it and was full of static and the mic wouldn't stay fully home in the earcup so the mic kept cutting out too. I still use the headset without Mic at work though. Still a very comfortable pair.

Regarding the GSP 300's I've had them on since I came home from work at 9:45pm. No issues.

Associate
+1 for Cloud. Shop around for deals on Cloud, they go on offer on various sites from time to time. You could always grab a decent yet cheap set of headphones and slap a ModMic on them? Superlux hd668b I heard are a good set.

Back
Top Bottom